THIRTY.

renjun is rushing on the way to the hospital

renjun is rushing on the way to the hospital. he didn't know what to feel after chenle called him, "hyung, jaemin hyung's car crashed, he's currently on the hospital." 

he feels guilty, because he didn't even let jaemin explain his side. he didn't let jaemin to talk to him. hell, he didn't even accepted his apologies. and now guilt's corrupting his mind.

he runs to the hospital's front desk, "na... jaemin..." renjun said with uneven breathing. "room 127, 3rd floor."

renjun didn't waste any time and runs to the nearest staircase. he didn't even had a second thought whether to use elevator.

he keeps running and running, it's just like an endless steps and stairs. he was tired, but he keeps running. after all, he feels guilty about what happened to jaemin.

"room 127." he reads. now renjun is having a second thought on going inside the room. "the audacity of me going in here, when i didn't even talked to him nor accepts his apology." he thought.

so renjun just stood there, looking through the door's glass. first thing he noticed was, jisung crying, but jisung is the only person in the room. he thought his other friends would stay there or visit him at least. "maybe they're on their way." he mumbled.

the doctor exited the room and notices renjun's presence. "do you know the patient?" he looked at the doctor, not sure on what to reply to the latter's question. "uhm.... yes?" he said, or more likely a question too.

the latter nod, "the operation went well, good thing it wasn't that bad. by the way, you can go inside. after all he's your friend, right? i'll go now, press the nearest button there to notify the nurses if something happens. thank you." with that the doctor excused himself.

renjun went inside and was greeted by an unconscious jaemin laying in the hospital bed. he sits besides jisung, "hyung..." jisung said and hugged him. the latter was crying so hard, and renjun almost teared up, but he stayed still. "he'll be okay, jisung-ah..." he patted the younger's back. "i'll excuse myself first." the latter said while sniffing. he was now left with jaemin in the room.

"jaemin..." he holds the younger's hand, "jaemin-ah i'm sorry. i'm sorry for shutting you, when you wanted to explain. i am so sorry. i am scared jaemin. i am so scared of loving you again, and being left behind. after what you did to me. after you ghosted me, it left me with a lot of traumas." he paused to breathed,

"but after all this time, it's still you. no matter how much i hated you for what you did to me. no matter how many months you didn't talk to me. i am still here, longing for you. i miss you— no, i miss us. please jaemin, i regret everything, and i am willing to talk to you again. i love you so much." after that he kissed the younger's forehead.

"dumbass." jaemin mumbled. "you're a dumbass huang renjun." the latter added, "i kno— what?"

and there, jaemin on a hospital bed, and smiling like an idiot. he was either smiling to the older's confused face or to the older's confession awhile ago. "i'm sorry and i love you too." jaemin give him his sweetest smile.

"surprise!" donghyuck shouted. going inside the room. "what's happening?" renjun asked.

"we did this so you can be together— like together." chenle said. renjun's cheeks became red when he thought that maybe his friends heard his confession, but in reality they didn't. "because we know, you wouldn't soften your heart towards jaemin hyung. and we can't just see the two of you hurting each other. by the way it's his and donghyuck hyung's idea." the younger added.

renjun just noticed that, the doctor awhile ago was jaehyun all along. he smacked jaehyun for that of course. he also noticed doyoung hyung and winwin hyung. "what? you guys are also part with this?" the two of them laughed nervously.

📱

the night came and they went back to their perspective houses, after they thanked the hospital for letting them borrow a room. they just also know that, chenle's dad own the hospital, that's why they were able to borrow a room.

jaemin and renjun didn't go home yet, instead they strolled the street, adoring the beauty of the stars and moon above them. "i'm sorry..." jaemin started. "i'm sorry for being a coward and left you just like that. renjun, to be honest i am also scared. i felt insecure that time, because every people that likes you are much better than me, you could've choose them. i also felt insecure because you're way too out of my league. i want the best for you, and that's not me." he added.

renjun looked at him with glassy eyes. "jaemin, i don't need the best. just you is enough." the latter smiled from the older's words. "renjun would you like to start over with me?"

the chosen words were simple, yet meaningful for the two of them. the moon and stars that saw the love that would bloom sooner. both felt euphoric, because they realized all those years of pain, and being left hurt behind, they still love each other. the older's lips curved, just like the crescent moon, "i would love to."

———

guess who hadn't sleep yet? 😬🤙 will probably reread this later or never 🗿🗿🗿