A woman's intuition

Zacznij od początku

Shoko was still for a while, thinking. "If I understand it correctly, you think she is a curse user and after you?"

"Exactly, you see it the same way, right?"

"Not exactly." His smile dropped. "If she would be after you, why hasn't she made a move yet? She could have poisoned you by now."

He had been so obsessed with finding out if Yuna was a curse user or not that he had forgotten about the reason why she would be after him. Now that he thought about it, Ieiri was right. Of course, he hadn't thought about poison, that is a woman's preferable way to kill if believing in the statistics. He, as a man, was expecting a frontal approach. But him being the strongest sorcerer, it would be suicide to confront him directly. So, that meant she wasn't trying to kill him, but what then?

Shoko could almost see how Gojo's thoughts were running wild. He surely was smart, smarter than many she had met, but sometimes it would be the simple things he forgot about. Maybe because he had become so strong he didn't care about a subtle plane, waiting to take anything and anyone upfront. But she had much to do and had lost enough time with him for the day.

"Look, if I promise you I'll go to the bar later to meet with this Yuna and evaluate her, will you let me now be in peace so I can work?"

Looking at her he stood up and gave her a crushing hug. "You would do that for me? Oh, you're a wonderful friend, you know. I will meet you tomorrow to see what you think of her then. Bye."

With the eccentric man gone, there was once again peace in her office and she could go back to her work.

*****

When Shoko arrived at the bar, it was later than what she had planned. She had lost time with Gojo while working but had managed to finish it just in time to appreciate her free weekend. She wasn't even bothered with Gojo's request, she was in a bar after all, where she could have a drink or two.

The bar in itself looked nice. Soon enough she saw the woman her friend had described. She was indeed good-looking, her (h/c) hair shone in the dim light, with a smile playing on her lips and her observant gaze was unmistakable. No wonder there were more men by the counter compared with the ones by the table where another barwoman was attending.

A barstool became free and Shoko took it right away. Sometime later came Yuna. "Hi, sweety. What can I get you."

"Something strong, a whisky would be nice."

"With or without ice?"

"What do you think?"

(Y/N) looked the probably older woman in the eyes. She had felt her hidden cursed energy. This near it was difficult for someone to conceal it. The sorceress was looking back at her with tiredness in her gaze. She wanted a strong drink...

"Without of course, or else it will water it down, right?"

Feeling how her lips moved into a smile, Shoko nodded. She couldn't help herself being fascinated by this woman. But she needed to focus. When she came back with her drink it was hard maintaining a clear thought, especially because the bartender made a signal with her finger for her to move closer. Before speaking, Yuna looked left and right only then whispered near her ear.

"I have filled up your cup more than I should because you look like you need it."

Before turning to another customer she gave her a wink which made heat rise to Shoko's cheeks. 'Damn, no wonder Gojo is fascinated with her. She can read people like a book.'

The doctor had almost forgotten to analyze the markings Gojo had told about. While the bar got calmer, she ordered a second drink, taking a careful glance over the exposed arms of hers. They really looked like burning marks, although the pattern it made could be confused with a tattoo. It looked pretty though, but she imagined how painful this must have been. The burning in itself could have been done with local anesthesia to numb the pain, but the healing process would still be painful. Burned flesh doesn't heal quickly.

Yuna came back with another whisky for her. "Nice tattoo you have there. I never have seen one like that."

(Y/N) had now more time for her customers, the bar had calmed down, no wonder, it had past midnight a while ago.

"Thank you, I have done this with an ancient method I stumbled upon on my travels."

"You have done those on yourself?"

"No, a friend did, but I told him the pattern I wanted."

"Was it painful?"

"Yeah, but a normal tattoo is too, right?"

Shoko was about to say it looked like her flesh had been burned, but Yuna was called by a customer. She looked at her how she quickly moved away. 'I will get you, don't worry.'

The doctor wanted to test something. Once again she called Yuna with the intent to pay her bill. While the bartender reached for the money, Shoko put her hand over her arm, activating her reverse healing cursed technique. Something she never had seen before happened. A light electric shock made the two women remove their arms. Surprise was written on both faces.

'What was that?' (Y/N) felt the woman raise her cursed energy, so she must have used a technique on her, but something unexpected must have happened because she was at least as surprised as herself. Quickly she recovered from the shock.

"That was weird. I never felt such a strong shock from static energy."

"Right, that was weird." Shoko had no idea what had happened. She saw Yuna go to the cashier. She didn't feel her cursed energy rise to protect herself from her technique, so how did that happen? Had she maybe a talisman to protect herself? Well, whatever it was, it looked like Gojo was right after all. That woman was a mystery. Maybe she wasn't a curse user, but her being a normal civilian was out of question in her opinion.