Ch.1 I Will Teach You

Start from the beginning

Futakuchi: well, name is Futakuchi Kenji... and I know this girl, so you better get lost...

Futakuchi glares at the guys who are shorter than him, and the vibes radiating from him make the two guys walk away.

Y/N stares at the man who is standing in front of her, the person who just saved her.

Y/N: um... hello?

Futakuchi turns around at her sound and sees the girl who looks so small in front of his tall figure. Futakuchi chuckles and leans closer.

Futakuchi: still the same timid girl like in high school aren't you? L/N

■Y/N's POV■

This man knows my name, I'm trying to remember his face. He does look familiar. Then his face turns into a frown.

Futakuchi: come on, don't you recognize me? I'm your chair mate from our third year in Dateko...

Chair mate?

I then remember about him, Futakuchi Kenji, a member of our school volleyball team.

Y/N: Futakuchi san... the one who plays volleyball?

His eyes lit and he smiles.

Futakuchi: Bingo! How are you doing L/N? It's been years since we last met..

Futakuchi san is a humble person. Back then I don't really have that many friends because of my shy personality and how I rarely able to go out and play, but Futakuchi san always talk to me.

Suddenly I remember what happened today. How Kirihara san practically cheating on me, how my mom doesn't believe me and how I was almost being harassed by those strangers.

Futakuchi: Oi- L/N you okay?

Tears stream down my cheeks as I feel so sad. I feel my hand is being grabbed and look up to see Futakuchi san worried face.

Futakuchi: let's go somewhere... you're definitely not fine aren't you.

We ended up sitting on a bench at a nearby park. I'm holding a box of milk bought by Futakuchi san while he drinks his canned coffee.

Futakuchi: so your fiance is cheating on you and your mom doesn't believe it when you told her?

I nod my head. I don't know why I ended up telling Futakuchi san everything.

Futakuchi: that's pretty fucked up L/N... aren't you mad at that guy? You should have shouted at his face when you saw him with another woman...

Y/N: I... don't know... rather than mad... I'm more... sad because my parents don't believe me...

Futakuchi san's eyes widened.

Futakuchi: but he's your fiance... don't you love him?

I look down at my hands, seeing the engagement ring on my finger.

What... is love?

Y/N: I... don't know... he is someone that my parents choose and... I... just follow what my parents want...

Yes... I just need to follow what my parents told me... right?

Futakuchi: you really don't change at all L/N...

I look up to see Futakuchi san staring at me and I avert my gaze away.

Y/N: wha... what do you mean?

Futakuchi: you never do what you want...

Dub dub

Am I?

What do I want?

Y/N: I... don't know what I want... I don't know what to do... if my parents don't tell me too...

Futakuchi: then, should I teach you?

I look up at the grinning Futakuchi san.

■Futakuchi's POV■

I look at L/N as she looks confuses. Since we were in high school, L/N is the kind of girl who doesn't talk much and always goes straight home after school.

She never shows any kind of dissatisfaction but, she never shows that she's happy either.

And now, knowing she still follows what people tell her to, makes me kind of infuriated.

She's a kind girl...

Y/N: what do you mean Futakuchi san?

Futakuchi: I'm going to tell you to have fun, and do something without your parents decide it for you... I'll teach you to achieve your happiness...

L/N looks down at her hands again and looks like she's in deep thought.

Y/N: can I? What if... my parents don't approve of it...

I take her hands in mine, making her look up at my face.

Futakuchi: it's your life... you decide what you like and what you do...it's alright...

She looks troubled but then I feel her hands hold my hands back and I look at her small hands in mine.

Y/N: is it really okay?

Is it because I've just seen her almost get harassed? Why do I have the urge to protect her?

Futakuchi: sure... it's alright...

Y/N then show me a small smile

damn does she always looks this cute?

Y/N: then... please help me... Futakuchi san...

I smile back at her.

Futakuchi: with pleasure... but it's not free though...

Y/N's eyes widened and she innocently pulls out her purse making me laugh. She looks up at me and tilts her head a little.

Futakuchi: I don't need that kind of payment...

Y/N: so... what do you need?

Futakuchi: let's be friends... give me your number so I can ask you to hang out... 

Y/N: oh... o-okay

With that we exchange numbers.

Futakuchi: well, I'm gonna teach you how to enjoy your life...

I look at the girl in front of me...

She looks like someone who doesn't know what happiness is...

I...

Want to teach her...

I'll make her know...

And understand...

What happiness is...