Chapter 4- Spoken For

We get into his car and I lean back resting my head on the head rest. My neck hurts and I'm tired. After a moment I open my eyes and look out the window.

"Matthew where are we going? This isn't the way to my house."

"No, it's not we aren't going home yet. I have to make a stop or two first."

"Okay." I tell him. I stare out the window until I see that we pulled up to a furniture store. "What are we doing here?"

"Well you said that you didn't have a bed, right?" He asks and I nod my head. "So, we're going to get you one." My mouth drops open.

"I can't just buy a bed. I don't have anything else picked put or done."

"Well we can do that here too. Come on, I can help you."

"You can help me? What do you know about redoing a house?" He gives me a smile.

"Well, I did redo my entire house by myself." My mouth drops open.

"Seriously?" I question him.

"Yes," He tells me smiling. "I'll have to show you sometime."

"Yes, you will."

"So, let me help you Chloe." He tells me quietly.

"Okay." I finally agree.

"So, from what I remember the whole downstairs of your home is white, with grey and blue accents. What color is your bedroom?"

"Light grey."

"The same hardwood floors throughout?"

"Yes," I say giving him a look. "How do you remember all that from the 15 minutes you were in my house?"

"I don't know. I just have a really good memory."

"Yeah sure." I tell him looking around.

"I remember you were wearing a navy-blue towel." He whispers in my ear and I turn to glare at him.

"I also remember you were being a perverted asshole." He lets out a loud laugh drawing attention.

"Okay I may deserve that." He tells me.

"Oh, you deserve it." I tell him.

"Yes, so which bed do you like?" He asks, motioning to them. I look around and find one with an upholstered headboard.

"This one." I tell him.

"Alright, he says motioning to one of the employees. "We want this one." He tells him.

"Yes sir Mr. Mackenzie." He says before walking away to stand back.

"Okay Chloe what about a dresser? Nightstands?" He asks before leading me towards the furniture. I laugh at his enthusiasm.

"Okay so now the hard part. Let's go pick out stuff for the bathroom."

"Ugh," I groan. "That's so hard. There's so much to pick out."

"It will be fine. It is really, not that hard. I'll be here with you, okay." He tells me throwing his arm over my shoulder reassuringly. About 30 minutes later with Matthew's help I have finally made my mind up on everything.

"I can't believe I finally made my mind up. Thank you, Matthew."

"I was just here for the push and moral support." He tells me bumping my shoulder. "Let's go checkout." He tells me placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Oh shit. Matthew, I don't have my wallet." I tell him when we reached the register.

"I know." He tells me giving me an electric smile.

Good Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें