"have you still not filled it out?" yeosang cut off her train of thoughts as iseul lifted her head, a pout evident on her lips as she shook her head. yeosang sighed, patting his friend's head in comfort as iseul sighed in defeat. "come on, we'll go get ice cream and i'll help you out." he offered, causing a smile to immediately grace iseul's lips as she nodded her head in agreement excitedly like a puppy. yeosang chuckled as the girl stood up, shrugging on her bag onto her back before her and yeosang exited the classroom, his arm slung over her shoulder as they talked about their day, despite having every class together.

the pair entered the ice cream parlour, it was the only one in their neighbourhood, so it was no surprise to see so many students from their school occupying the majority of the tables inside. "i'll order for us, how about you grab us a table?" yeosang suggested which iseul happily agreed with, not wanting to stand in line after seeing how long it was. the girl opted for a table near the window, the sun beaming happily through the glass and brightening up the room with its already brightly coloured decor. 

"why does yeosang still hang out with that cow?" at the mention of her friend's name, iseul's ears perked up. "did she gain weight? i can see her thighs dying in her thigh high socks, its so ugly." the table burst out laughing, openly staring at iseul as she fidgeted in discomfort under their piercing gaze.

"wasn't killing her parents enough, now she's ruining sangie oppa's chance of being with someone of his level, who'd want to be with him when he has that clown following him around?" another girl commented, a look of disgust evident on her features. "at least wear some makeup, fucking dog." 

iseul could feel a lump in her throat, dipping her head so her hair would fall in front of her face, hoping that the girls would lose interest in her. "what are you staring at?" iseul flinched, cautiously lifting her head as she came eye to eye with yeosang. the boy was staring at her in concern, noticing how jumpy she had suddenly gotten. "hey, are you okay?" he questioned.

iseul sent the boy a tight-lipped smile, nodding her head. she glanced down at the tray he had set in front of her, her eyes lighting up at the sight of the icecream. she grabbed her cup, knowing that the cookie dough was for her. "how come you got three cups?" she questioned, noticing the lonely cup as yeosang grabbed his own chocolate icecream. 

"hm?" yeosang glanced down at the spare icecream, shrugging his shoulders. "just in case." he answered vaguely, surprising iseul. however, the girl shrugged the issue off, the two continuing their conversation from earlier on, however yeosang noticed. 

he noticed how she wasn't into the conversation, how she barely touched her icecream, how she constantly glanced behind the boy at the table of girls who continued to talk about her as if she wasn't sat on the table right next to them. yeosang had noticed it all.

"it's all melted now." iseul pouted at the cup of icecream that neither of them had touched. yeosang smiled, nodding in agreement. 

"we should probably go now." he suggested. iseul nodded in agreement, the two of them grabbing their bags before standing up. "you go ahead, i'll get rid of our rubbish." iseul agreed, sending the boy a smile as she thanked him before exiting the ice cream parlour first. 

grabbing their tray, yeosang threw away their empty cups, holding onto the cup of melted icecream before setting the tray away. his legs suddenly pulled him towards the table of girls, recognising them immediately since they attended the same school. they seemed excited at yeosang's sudden presence, but it immediately faded as yeosang dumped the melted icecream over the girl who had always made iseul's life hell, kang chaeyeon.

"what the hell?!" she screeched, her two friends watching in shock as they were left speechless. "yah, kang yeosang―!"

"next time you talk crap about iseul, i won't hesitate to make you pay twofold of what you put her through." he threatened, glaring at her. "that goes for you two, too." he added, glancing between the two girls. 

"why would you defend that loser? she's not even pretty, you could do so much better―"

"shut the fuck up." chaeyeon pursed her lips, fearing for what the boy would do to her if she tested him by continuing. "leave iseul's name out of your filthy mouth and do something else with your life, it's pathetic the way you obsess over her." he rolled his eyes, walking off towards the exit. 

"what took you so long?" iseul whined, putting her phone away. yeosang smiled, throwing his arm over the girl's shoulders as they began walking. 

"sorry, someone saw a rat so i wanted to see too." 

"ew, we just ate there."

...loading...