I glanced at him, ready to answer the question, but he had zoned out, staring over in the direction of the door with a soft smile.

I snapped my fingers in-front of his face and he flinched, shaking his head and smiling at me, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

" I'll come with you Zabini."

" what? Oh yeah! Ok."

I couldn't figure out what had distracted him, but it was clearly interesting as his eyes were back on the door, watching everyone who walked in and out.

" who you watching?"

" what? Who? Pardon?"

" ok blaise, what's going on?"

Just as the words came out my mouth the bell above the door tinkled, and Harry Hermione and Ron walked through, Blaise's eyes darted between the trio then back to me.

" Ah so Hermione Granger."

" shut up."

" y/n Granger-Zabini, perfect name for a child!"

" shut it."

———————————————————————————

Is good in the mirror, I was sick to death of wearing preppy fancy dresses, it's all I ever seemed to do. This time my dress was a black velvet, long sleeved, square neck, showing off just enough cleavage I looked classy. I grabbed my heels, then wandered into the common room with them swinging around my finger.

" incredible as always."

" dapper Zabini."

I held his shoulder as I slipped my heels on, then took his hand.

" ok let's go."

—————— DRACO'S POV—————

I saw them. I saw them walking down the hall, hand in hand. My girl. My y/n. But of course she wasn't mine anymore, because I was too weak. Too weak to ask for her help. Because I was scared. Scared for myself. For my mother. For her. For me.

She looked happy with Blaise, like she did with me. I knew he would look after her just from the way he held her gently, held her with grace, made her laugh, made her smile.

The window next to me, glowed as the harsh moon shine through it, illuminating me face, making some part of me seem evil. But it wasn't just a part of me. It was all of me. Right down to the threatening black arm on my weak pale forearm. I finally did it. I was finally like my dad. Like I said to her.

I sick of black, sick of wearing it reminding me I was no longer a human, no longer had my insanity. I didn't feel capable of loving her again, seeing her sage with Blaise drew the last piece of out me. She was safe, safe from me, safe from her father, safe from the danger she would be in staying with me.

I sat on the window sill, watching her smile at Blaise as the disappeared around the corner. My beautiful girl, forever and always.

——————- BLAISE'S POV—————-

Just thinking about how Draco would feel knowing I had her in my hand, made they guilt eat me from the inside. She was oblivious to the fight going on in my head.