Chapter Three - Awakening to Darkness

Aleksei's POV

I searched my surroundings quickly, observing the way the Strigoi acted with humans. It wasn't a new concept to me, seeing last year there was also an attack on St. Vlaemir's Academy where Strigoi teamed up with humans, but it was still shocking to watch. The humans worshipped them, worshipped the floor they stood on and also worshipped everything they did. Immortality was nice, but it wasn't everything when you consider living - or not living - by killing people. No, these humans were sick. Immortality isn't everything. I'd rather be Moroi, being a mortal, than being a Strigoi.

'Get up,' one said, kicking me in the side. That was going to leave a bruise in the morning.

'Make me,' I replied, my eyes searching for water. Nothing. No water at all. He snarled, grabbing me by my neck and lifting me off of my feet. If I was going to die, I was going to die in style. I truck out with my leg, kicking them in the stomach. Nothing. The Strigoi didn't flinch, didn't react at all. They laughed a cruel dark sound. They truly were pure evil.

'Nice try,' he growled. 'The dark hair and the snarky attitude, you could be related to Christian Ozera. You could be him. No, you don't have the eyes. No ice blues eye to mark you as an Ozera. You have eyes like jewels. Eyes like sapphires. Which family do you belong to?' he rambled on.

'Ivashkov,' I lied. There weren't many Contas left compared to the Ivashkovs. Hopefully he won't kill me.

'Ivashkov,' he mused. 'I bet your blood tastes really good, Ivashkov. Shall we see?' I struggled against his hold, yet he was too strong. He held me up like I was some kind of rag-doll. He brought my throat close to his mouth. Closer. Closer. I could feel his fangs touch my skin and I shivered. This was it. This was my end.

He bit into my throat and for a brief second, it was pure agony. Like a dagger, no a spear, had gone through my neck and left an icy trail. After that second, everything turned into a bliss. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the bliss. It was the best feeling in the world. They moved there mouth awaya from my neck and I began to wimper.

'Open your mouth,' he said and I obeyed. He slashed his wrist and tipped my head backwards so that the blood poured into my mouth. The gravity helped the blood go down my throat. The Strigoi began to laugh. I opened my eyes and he stared into them.

'Welcome. You hungry?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Hey guys and thanks for reading the third chapter of Purity! I created the cover the other day, what do you guys think? To me it represents the power of blood in there society. The difference between royals and non-royals is blood. Purity refers to some royals beliefs that they are pure just because they are royal. You'll see more of this and what I mean later on in the book. I felt like Adrian Ivashkov writing that, with the rambling and all. Thanks guys!! <3