She reminded me of a drill sergeant. 

When I turned back to our table, I caught Emily staring at me with such intensity it made me suck in a breath through clenched teeth. I had a feeling I knew what she was thinking. 

Why didn't you tell me you were back? 

Henry cleared his throat and reached for his phone. 'Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions before our mains come?' he asked. 

I was too distracted to come up with an excuse. 'Ask away.' 

Henry tapped play and slid the phone towards me. 

'For our readers who are familiar with Sunshine, and Cameron of course, but aren't aware of your part in the business - how would you describe it in your own words?' 

In all of our press coverage so far, I was a sentence at the most. Co-founder. Business partner. Doctor. Cameron was everything else. I'd been so bad at answering questions during the first few months of our partnership, that journalists just defaulted to Cameron for interviews. 

I didn't blame them. 

'I...' I paused, and took another sip of my water. As much as I wanted to make some shit up, I knew I had to answer Henry's questions properly.The Herald had massive reach, and I didn't really want Cameron to throttle me if I messed this up. 

'I'm the primary healthcare provider at Sunshine,' I answered, finding sudden interest in an empty oyster shell. 'Which is the fancy way of saying I'm a doctor who offers virtual consultations to patients who don't necessarily need face-to-face appointments.' 

Henry nodded his head. 'And you exclusively treat young people?'

'It's true our focus is on young people, but our services are open to anyone should they reach out to us.' 

That was straight out of the Book of Cameron. 

'And why young people?' 

I ran a finger over the shell. 

'Well, being a former youth myself, I know how... invincible I thought I was. I never went to the doctors unless my uncle made me. And even then, I couldn't be bothered leaving the house half the time.' 

'Invincible?' 

It was an odd detail to pick up on, but I was sure he was getting at something. 

'I grew up thinking I wanted to shoot guns for a living,' I said, matter-of-factly. 

Henry nodded his head. 'Yes, that's right. What made you leave the army?' 

I felt Emily's gaze pierce a hole in my face. 

'I fulfilled my commitment,' I answered after a pause. 'And it was time for me to...' I trailed off as the chef arrived with our mains. The gnocchi for me, pappardelle with lamb ragu for Henry, and the seafood linguine for Emily. 

Our eyes met over her plate of food as it was set before her. 

'... to start over,' I finished. Every time she looked at me, I felt my insides go all wobbly - oh, shut up. 

'... to reinvent yourself,' Henry said, more to himself, than us. He tucked into his food and chewed on it thoughtfully. 'And the name? Was that your idea, or Cameron's? I can't quite remember.' Henry put down his knife and fork, took a sip of his wine, and waited for me to answer.