Chapter 6

Today is Tuesday, so it's been three days since my date with Izaya. My date with Izaya... With lack of a better word, it was incredible. Just utterly and completely amazing. He was so sweet and kind and funny and I just loved every second of my time spent with him. Aghhh, I'm being so mushy. But I'm allowed to be, right? I mean, it should be my turn to find a nice guy and fall in love, right? This should be normal stuff, so why do I feel so guilty and spoilt? Maybe it's because the guy I like is different from others. I know everyone says that sort of stuff all the time - 'He's unlike anyone I've ever met' - but this time it really is true.

Now I know it's probably not wise to keep wanting to see someone who evidently has a darker past and seems to be extremely skilled with a knife, but something is telling me that there's more to him. That he has a softer and more caring side to him. If he didn't, he wouldn't have bought me a coat, or taught me how to ice-skate or win me a huge stuffed panda, right? And that kiss. He couldn't have faked the passion and emotion I felt behind it, right?

Yeah, I'm not crazy. This is definitely not some elaborate ruse to try to get information on me. I wasn't lying before, my life is far too boring for anyone to even want to get info about it. Judging by how much he spent for our date, I'm guessing the information he sells isn't cheap. All of that aside, I am very excited for Friday. VERY excited. Nervous as well though, his presence alone is daunting - not in a bad way, just in a way that makes it hard for me to breathe when I'm close to him. Or maybe there's another reason why that happens... I don't know! It's all too confusing for me to think clearly at the moment. I'll have to wait until I see him again, which I do not mind in the slightest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Friday morning, 8:56am to be precise. I already have my shoes and my new coat on, and I'm currently pacing in my living room as I'm waiting for 9 o'clock to strike. The minutes are going by so slowly, it's causing me to overthink; what if he doesn't like me as much today?, what if there are loads of awkward pauses this time?, what if I say the wrong thing?, etc...

Suddenly there's a knock at the door, making me jump out of my own skin. With all of those thoughts rattling around in my mind, I couldn't help but feel worried as I open it. Yet as soon as I saw him standing there with a polite smile on his face, all of those fears disappeared and my worry went away. Much like last time, when the door was fully opened he stepped in and wrapped his arms around me, burying my head in his chest.

"I missed you," he muttered, breathing into my hair, "you look perfect, exactly how I left you." A whole minute passed before he let go and asked, "Are you ready? The limo's outside waiting."

"You hired it again?" I was surprised, but less so than I was last time.

"Of course," he chimed, taking my hand in his and beginning to lead the way out "I still didn't think it would be appropriate to steal one."

I laughed at his repeated joke, "Did it ever cross your mind that we didn't need to ride in one? The train or the bus would have been fine."

"Neither of those are good enough for you." He said as he opened the door for me and we got in the limo.

"Is there any point in asking where we're going?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

He chuckled, "Absolutely none." We spent most of the car journey catching each other up on everything that happened the week we were apart. Then, the car pulled up in front of a really tall apartment building. Is this where he lived? As if I'd asked that out loud, Izaya said "Since I know where you live, I thought you should know where I reside as well"

"Ah, so you do live here." I look up at the building, trying to take in the sheer ferocity of it's intimidating magnitude.

We walked through the doors and the receptionist greeted us. Izaya lead us to the elevator and clicked a button to one of the highest floors. I wish we'd have taken the stairs...