Chapter 206-210

Começar do início

Upon hearing Jian Yiling's reply, Yu Xi wanted to start laughing. She didn't mind close contact with Master Sheng because he was sick!

When he was just about to laugh, he saw Zhai Yunsheng's cold glare. Yu Xi immediately stopped himself.

All of a sudden, Yu Xi couldn't help but mutter to himself, What's wrong with Master Sheng? Why is his expression so ugly?

###

After the surveillance video between Jian Yiling and Jian Yunnao had been publicized, the attitude of the students around Jian Yiling had completely changed.

Originally, not many people were willing to talk to Jian Yiling. The only students that communicated with her were Hu Jiaojiao and Liu Wen.

However, after everyone discovered that the incident was a misunderstanding, they had treated Jian Yiling much more warmly. At the very least, most of the students didn't avoid her anymore.

In fact, there were even a few students who took the initiative to be friendly with Jian Yiling.

However, their friendliness and enthusiasm only lasted for a short while. Very quickly, Jian Yiling's indifference and lack of regard sent them back to their seats.

However, as of now, there would be no one who whispered behind Jian Yiling's back. No longer would they call her evil and malicious.

Even though that was the case, most of her classmates still found Jian Yiling difficult to get along with.

The next day, when Mo Shiyun arrived at school, Zhi Sha walked up to her and whispered:

"By the way, did you know this? The organizer of the chemistry competition from the Yao Li Chemistry and Advanced Materials Research Institution part of a renowned and prestigious family in the capital. Furthermore, I've heard that results earned from competitions hosted by the institution are approved by various high schools and universities across the country."

Zhu Sha didn't know where she had heard this gossip from. However, she was eager to share it with Mo Shiyun.

"Mhmm," Mo Shiyun replied.

It would be a lie to say that she didn't feel bad at all.

She was one step away. One step away from thirty thousand dollars in prize money and a prestigious award.

If anyone else had been placed in this situation, they would have felt upset as well.

No to mention, that thirty thousand dollars had extra significance for Mo Shiyun.

•••

Chapter 208: No Use in Complaining

Translator: Exodus Tales
Editor: Exodus Tales

Zhu Sha continued to tell Mo Shiyun what she had heard, "And I heard that the organizer of the competition will personally meet the award recipients on the day of the award ceremony. Now I finally understand why the Jian family had done such a thing. They're paving the way for their daughter."

The organizer of the competition was a respected individual from the capital. To receive an award from him was an honor.

Although the Jian family was considered influential in Hengyuan City, their family history and power was still a far cry from the families in the capital.

Mo Shiyun struggled to put a smile on her face. "It's passed now. Let's just prepare for our college entrance exams."

There were some things that were better left unsaid. There was no point in hearing Zhu Sha's voice.