It was him. It was Hunter. I could hear my heart thudding against my chest all over again. I sat up from my lying position. I didn't know what I was supposed to do anymore. My whole self started shivering helplessly. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it right away since I was unable to process any word. I could see his rage improving each second.

"Hunter." I mumbled to myself. But he somehow managed to hear it through my rapid breathing.

Hunter relaxed his creased eyebrows and smirked viciously.
"Now, that was better, wasn't it?" He said before he harshly caught hold of my jaw, not even considering I was bruised.
"Don't even dare calling me by that name." He spoke which petrified me even more. Eventually he loosened his grip seeing me flinch in pain.

Although I was being extremely terrified, deep down I knew I was not supposed to be scared of him. That's never going to help. I should try to break him out of this DID. But I couldn't help being terrified. Definitely not after what happened to me.

He was staring deep into my eyes with his emotionless ones. No one could say what was going on in his mind. He was moving closer to me as he tucked those few loose strands of hair behind my ear.

I've gotta do something about it now. I can't be his victim again. I have to escape him somehow. It took every ounce of courage left in me to do what I was going to do next. When he moved closer to me, I pushed him away with all the strength I had, which lead him to the far end of the matress. I immediately gathered myself up and ran towards the door and out of the room.

Once I was out in the corridor, I didn't know where I should run or hide. I was anxious and drenched in perspiration. Adding on to it I could hear him coming behind me.

"You're such a silly bitch, Savannah. Did you think you can get away that easily?" He spoke calmly from behind as he walked slowly and effortlessly towards me.

I didn't take another chance to look back, I just kept running towards God knows where. Then it hit me, out of the blue. The attic. That was the best and only hiding place I could think of at that moment. The attic is kind of closed and hidden. I knew it existed only after Karen told me. Hunter couldn't possibly know I knew about the attic. So that wouldn't be his go to option. Or atleast that's what I wished.

I conjured up all my energy and ran upstrairs towards the attic without thinking twice. The worst part was I could still hear his footsteps behind. I felt so weak, I tried my best not to fall off, and ran as fast as I could and somehow reached the attic and closed the door quietly behind me. I knew he was far away from me, but my paranoia was getting it's best at me, and it felt like he was really close to me.

I made sure I locked the door and walked further into the room. I turned on the lights, so that I don't feel intimidated by the darkness...

This attic was nothing like the ones they show in those horror movies, musty and abandoned. It looked more fresh, as if someone came here every single day.

The last time I was here, I couldn't explore this place completely. Maybe now's the time. Atleast that would keep me from loosing my mind here.

There was this bookshelf on the right corner of the room, with alot of classic novels, a single seater couch with a coffee table. An old piano, which made me wonder why do most attics have one of them. And a cupboard in another corner of the room, it's position made it look like it was kept hidden. This cupboard really intrigued me

I made my way towards it and opened the cupboard carefully, looking for bugs that could potentially fall on me. But lucky for me there were none. But what caught my attention was those books. Why would someone keep it hidden here when there is a bookshelf out there. On the contrary it looked more like journals, so it does make sense why someone would hide it.

I grabbed one of them and opened it. And what I saw next, dropped on me like a bombshell.

'Hunter's journal 2008: I read. That was two years before his death.

"Oh my Goodness!" I couldn't believe I found one of Hunter's journals. This could possibly help me figure out how I'd get rid of him. I could know him more. It was ironic to think how his own journal was going to help me get rid of him. I wanted to read further into the book, but my not so helpful consience asked me not to. It will not be so genuine of me to do so. But I have to, this is the only hope I could clung to, for now.

"Screw you." I muttered to myself before I turned to the next page.

Hunter, 20 May, 2008:
'Everything's been a blurr for what feels like in forever. Ethan and I have
been living in hell from that day
on. All I could feel is this
unquenchable rage. Every passing minute, I've got this urge to kill my bastard of a father and end this
torment. But Ethan and Elise
wouldn't let me do it. I couldn't concentrate on anything let alone studies. All I want is for Elise and
Ethan to be safe. They're the only family I have left. I wouldn't let
anything happen to them.
Not now, not ever. God knows
what that mad man has in store
for today. But there's still hope
that some day this will all be
over. And we'll get to live
the lives we deserve..'

I could feel the wetness on my cheeks. I couldn't help crying at what I read. Hunter deserved so much better than what he went through. It's sad how a fifteen year old kid had so much wrath that he wanted to kill someone, his own father for that matter. Nobody deserves something like that. The saddest part was he hoped he'd live a happy life someday. He wouldn't have had the slightest guess he will be nothing but his brother's alter personality.

_______________________________________

A/N :

Hello lovelies. First off, I'm extremely sorry. I know I have no excuses. I've not been updating for along time and I'm so sorry for making you wait. But I'll try to make it up to y'all with regular updates. Thank you so much for patiently waiting guys. Do need your love and support.❤️❤️ Please do vote and comment.❤️❤️ Stay safe and healthy..
Laters guys🖤❤️

ETHAN HUNTERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें