𝟒

Varian sat across from you, he kept looking at your eyes, the familiarity sort of left him speechless. it was a bit later in the day, you were messing around with potions and such. The room they were in was different from the other.

On the wall were multiple wanted posters, your wanted posters. in the corner sat a dusty witches hat next to a broom with cobwebs all over it on the same wooden wall. A black flag with a skull and bones was draped across a wall on the opposite side of the room. It was very interesting to say the least.

He heard a loud poof from across the table, he looked at you and saw you were coughing. "A-are you okay?" He asked in a shy tone, why was he being shy? That's not right for his character.

You nodded, pink dust flying everywhere. the silence started to physically pain him. "So, "star" how are you? Scale from 1 to 10" you looked at him and raised a brow.

"Usually I'm a 5 or 6 depending on the day but right now 3." You said going back to mixing magical chemicals. Varian watched with curiosity. Clearing his throat he continued "what are you doing?" You pointed at your arm "making a quick healing potion" he just noticed the bandage sitting on your shoulder. Varian tilted his head.

He thought for a moment, "I haven't made anything like that with my alchemy in a long time." You quietly snickered. "What? What's so funny." Varian furrowed his brows.

You waved your hand a little, "no no! It's just haven't heard the word alchemy since...I haven't heard alchemy in a while, especially being compared to something like witchcraft." You giggled. Varian rolled his eyes and smiled.

"1. Not really comparing the two just making a statement and 2...since when" you pulled your hands up in defense, forming an imaginary circle around yourself. "Wooah my business is in my bubble, your business is in yours." You chuckle.

He looked at you, "okay, but you know I deal with alchemy, my name, ruddiger." He looked at ruddiger, who was playing with midnight. "But all I really know about you is you have a cat." He smirked.

"What a pile of bologna!" You laughed out. "You know I'm a witch, you know my favorite nickname, you know I'm on the run and...uh...you know you can leave whenever you want. Yet you decide to stay with the witch you know is dangerous, relentless, cruel even." You stop and intimidatingly start walking towards him.

"You know that at any point and time she could strike you down, in less than a second." He began to back away, minding how close you were getting. "You know that she probably doesn't like visitors coming into her home and telling her what she can and can't share." At this point you had him pinned against a wall, he jumped when you stabbed a knife into one of your wanted posters. "You know she's being hunted and your friends are probably looking for you, as well as a man who wants her dead...but you stay. Isn't that something." Your faces were centimeters apart, he shrunk back a bit, you leaned closer.

"I-I-I didn't know I could leave..." he stuttered out, you realize how close you'd gotten to him, you scold yourself as you back up. Leaving the knife there. "Well you can no one is stopping you..." you didn't realize it but your face had gone a bit red. Varian did though. He stared for a moment then blamed it on something stupid. "So leave"

he looked at you in surprise "I- aren't you going on threaten my life if I tell anyone where you are?" He asked

"Nah, I'll just run away again, it's what I do best." You shrugged, he thought for a moment before walking towards the exit. You frowned before going back to your own business, the door opened, then shut.

There was a loud silence for about a minute

The sound of someone else's footsteps caught you off guard, the feeling of someone else's hands wrapping around your own startled you. A voice of an angel made your face go warm "everyone deserves a little company...right?"

You pulled your hands away in one swift motion "don't touch me."
————
A little self loathing truly ties the story together
-me 2021

It's a bit shorter than previous chapters but it's what I have for you today
no I don't have a proper schedule
Should I? Probably.
Also thank you so much for a hundred reads!
ˢʰᵘᵗ ᵘᵖ 𝟗𝟖 ʳᵉᵃᵈˢ ˢ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ ᵉⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ!
I really just wrote this chapter as a thanks
And also to tell you idfk where this story is going.
Stay golden
💛💛💛💛
ᵇʸᵉ