Aiko only shook her head and smiled slightly.

Ryo always loves to be babied. Well, he is the youngest so I don't blame him.

The trio ate in active conversations talking about their schedule of the day, fond memories, and random facts spouted by the youngest.

"Uhm, mom...did dad call this morning?" Aiko asked as she washed her dishes together with her little brother's. Her school starts in 2 hours which meant that she had enough time to get ready and walk to her school with her friends.

"I'm sorry, angel. He hasn't called yet...but if he does call while you're in school, I'll let you know okay?" Her mother solemnly answered, rubbing her calloused hands on her daughter's arms.

Aiko frowned before putting on a fake smile. She patted her hands dry before facing her mother.

"It's okay! He's probably busy doing his research. Time zones are difficult to keep up with anyways. I'll go get ready for school, okay?" Aiko stated but she walked away before her mother could reassure her again.

It's the same every year. He only calls us to update us on successful findings in his research. He never cared about any of us.

Aiko clicked her tongue at the thought before preparing for the day.

She trudged her feet towards the big glass building that screams prestigious and 'heroic' from a distance. Her eyebrows scrunched slightly at the text messages her group of friends had left her a few minutes ago.

e-girl wannabe:
hey natsu-chan !! we'll meet you in class later (˃ᴗ˂) mirio wants to speak to aizawa-sensei about smtg!

tin tin:
So sorry to leave you alone Natsume-chan 🙏🏼 See you soon!

Aiko sighs for the umpteenth time; the trio always waited for her before going to school because she lived at the heart of the city so she had to walk while they had to take the public transport together to reach their usual meeting spot.

Oh wells, it's got to be important if they're asking Aizawa early in the morning...that man is never nice in the morning - I mean, is he ever nice? That little bi-

On the way to school, she occupied herself by going through the various social media platforms. Her voice humming random music as she scrolled past a Tok Tik video. Once again, her calm morning was interrupted by shouts and screams from what seemed to be a group of reporters crowding by the gate.

Aiko frowned deeper than earlier - hating the fact that she had to use some of her energy early in the morning to walk past a bunch of humans who had nothing better to do than to harass students for their own job.

She grunted as she tried to shove herself through the group. She wasn't small, but she wasn't tall either. She'd like to state that she was 'just a few centimeters away from average' while her friends that stood half a head above her, laughed at her pitiful statement.

"Hey, you! Have you seen All Might around the school? We need answers!"

"I'm not your dog, I have a name and yeah I've seen All Might. I'll Might just stick that microphone up your a-" Aiko retorted with a pun but a hand on her shoulder stopped her.