Memories Of Us

~ 2004 - anthony amorim ~

"Unbelievable!" Felix stomped his feet on the carpet, thrashing his small frame back onto the bed. Jisung had the biggest grin plastered to his face as he pumped his little fists in victory.

"Haha! I win again!" He yelled in almost a sing song voice. He jumped around the room, showing off his win, just to push it in Felix's face.

"I'm supposed to be the one who's good at video games!" Felix groaned again. Jisung seemed to ignore the comment as he was still basking in the sounds of the Mario kart theme song. However in the midst of his victory dance the door opened.

"What are you guys playing?" An older boy asked from the door with a flat lip. He peered inside to get a look at the two kids in the room. Felix was quick with a response.

"You can't pla-"

"Mario Kart! You want a go?" Felix gave Jisung a familiar glare, huffing his arms over his chest. Yet Jisung shoved the controller at Minho anyways.

"Okay, sure. I'm definetely going to beat you though," Minho boasted, swiping the controller from Jisung's grip.

"Oh yeah? What makes you think that?" Jisung questioned, unable to believe Minho's claim.

"Well I'm older, and therefore smarter," Minho explained, posing in a striking manner as he bragged about himself. Felix finally got up from the bed where he collapsed and joined the two sitting at the end of it. He squished himself between the two, spreading them apart.

"Only two years older! Now play the game," Felix groaned. Pushing his arms more and more to keep the distance between Minho and Jisung, but nevertheless he let the two play a heated game of Mario Kart.

Although, eventually, there was another knock at the door.

"Hey, sorry Lix, Jisung has to go home." All three of them looked to the door to see a woman.

"What! Muuuummmmm...I thought he could sleep over!" Felix complained, even if he was salty about being a third wheel he hated when Jisung had to leave early.

"Oh come on, you'll seem him at you're birthday party this weekend anyway." Minho rolled his eyes.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that, we're finally gonna be double digits!" Felix squealed, forgetting how annoyed he was. Him and Jisung jumped around in the middle of his bedroom, smiles growing to their cheeks.

-

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Sung and Felix~ Happy Birthday to you!" The table was surrounded with Jisung and Felix's friends and family as they blew out the candles that read the number ten on their highly requested rainbow cake. Smiles and cheers and indistinguishable chatter ran through the air as the birthday boys began to cut the cake.

"Great, another year of you two little idiots being alive," Minho giggled, ruffling the two's hair. Jisung squished his shoulders together under his touch while Felix squirmed to pull his head away from his older brother's hand like it was diseased.

~

"Happy Birthday dear Sung and Felix~ Happy Birthday to you!" Only Minho could be heard in the empty room with only the three of them. The singular voice felt lonely in such a dimmed room. Jisung and Felix both blew out the tiny candle shoved in the half broken chocolate cupcake in front of them on the kitchen bench. Minho smiled as he took a breath to grab some oxygen that he had lost during the solo song.

"Happy fourteenth!" He yelled, trying to bring the happy energy into the room, as he ruffled their hair by tradition, but the echo of his voice took away from the excitement on his face. "Sorry that Mum and Dad couldn't make it Lix." A slight frown rested on all their faces but Jisung was quick to brighten the mood.

"Hey! Let's get a bunch of food, let's go crazy!" Jisung had succeeded as both the Lee brothers laughed at his silly demeanour. Minho quickly got to the phone and started ordering as Jisung and Felix listed their orders.

~

"I'm gonna miss you...a lot!" Felix screamed, his arms wrapped so tight around Minho's waist that Minho couldn't even respond to his heartfelt words.

"It's two years, don't worry, it'll go by in the blink of an eye. Besides, you're sixteen now, maybe you should learn to live without me for a while." A soft smile lifted his eyes as he gave his brothers hair one last ruffle, although his little brother had been offended by the implication of his immaturity.

"Thanks for seeing me off Sungie, I'll see you when I get back, yeah?" Jisung didn't really know what to say. He didn't think he would be this sad to see Minho go, he was Felix's brother after all, not his. He didn't like that Minho talked down to him like he was a kid but that was cancelled out by the fact that Jisung was only thinking about the boy leaving.

"I'll miss you." Jisung looked at him with fond eyes. Minho ruffled his hair, the same way he did Felix, yet it felt...different.

"I'll miss you too, kid." The word kid broke the moment for Jisung in just the slightest but he still waved the boy off, as they watched him go.

Maybe Minho being gone would rid Jisung's naive feelings, or maybe they wouldn't...