Chapter 1

All I can say is thank god for Hannah because without her I wouldn't have come up with a completely different idea for this story which is both good and bad because hopefully (not right now but in the future when I get back to normal) I'll be able to write it faster and better but it'll take time before all your questions are answered but I hope you guys like this and that I didn't make a mistake with changing the entire plot!

Mads ----------------------->

*Mads POV*

“So you’re just packing up and leaving to live with your brother? Who you haven’t seen in five years!” Ella grumbled from my bed. I turned and crossed my arms. She was being ignorant, as usual, but I understood where she was coming from. I was flying back to Canada tomorrow to stay with Matt who I only recently just got back into contact with. After rehab I packed all my things and left Vancouver, finishing my senior year in Florida with my cousins, and haven’t been back since. One day about a year ago I just broke down and called Matt and since then we’ve been talking lots and since his 25th birthday is in a couple weeks he invited me to stay with him for the month. It took a lot of begging and promising to pay for my tickets there and back before I finally agreed to it. Ella wasn’t too pleased when I informed her I would be leaving for the month to see my brother. Ella wasn’t exactly the most understanding person when it came to my past but I think she didn’t like me leaving because that meant she had to clean our apartment.

“Ella you’re being silly, it’ll be a month and then I’ll be back and life will go back to normal ok?”

“Well what about that ex of yours, the one that was and possibly still is friends with Matt? What if you run into him?”

I shrugged. “Then I run into him. I’m over him El”

“Okayyy”

“Help me with my bags then we can go out?”

Ella hopped off my bed and grabbed a suitcase. “Sure”

-

“Guess who?” I squealed and giggled, turning in Alex’s arms.

“You scared me ‘Lex,” I said.

“Well gotta come say goodbye to my favorite person before she leaves me for a month,” Alex informed me, leaning down and pecking my lips.

I shook my head slightly, laughing. “I’m not actually your favorite person, and if I am then you’re crazy”

“Crazy for you,” Alex smirked, the dimple in his cheek showing. I pushed him gently.

“So when are you two going to stop being friends with benefits and actually date huh?” Ella asked suddenly, popping out of nowhere. I screamed and clutched onto Alex, bringing unwanted attention to us from other people in the mall. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you Mads”

I held my hand over my heart as I calmed myself down. “It’s fine, you just came out of nowhere!”

“I have your ice cream,” Ella said sheepishly, handing me a small bowl. I smiled gratefully and took the ice cream from her.

I met Ella and Alex in homeroom when I started at school here and we all became fast friends, Alex and I becoming slightly more. Teachers hated having us in class together and never let us sit next to each other but we always found a way. We were the terrible trio, and the best part was that I didn’t have to worry about my past since nobody knew about it except Alex and Ella.

Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. “Come over tonight,” A small smirk played at his lips. I rolled my eyes and shoved him.

“If I come over tonight you’re not getting laid if that’s what you want,” Alex pouted but pulled me into his arms nevertheless.