chapter 12

Please comment and vote.

*******************

"You ready?" Alex asked looking down at me as we had just walked up to the front door of the pack house.

"Nope .... But let's get it over with ." I said with a sigh. I felt like my mum should be hear with me, still thinking of my mum,  Alex reached out for the door handle.

He opened the door and I was hit with the smell of ..... food?

"What's that smell?" I asked looking up at him. He grinned and grabbed my hand and led me to a room we went down corridor after corridor, I had got lost at the amount of times we turned corners and through ballrooms.

He opened the double doors, and sat at the table in the middle of the room was the alpha and Luna with waiters drifting around them. The food smelt great and I suddenly felt uncomfortable wearing my onzie .

"If I had have known it was going to be a formal thing ...... I would at least have put some Jeans and a top on." I whisper shouted at him but he was already dragging me to the long table in the middle of the room.

He laughed at my red face as we walked down to the end of the table were the alpha and Luna were seated. I smiled at both of them as Alex pulled out a seat for me to sit in. I sat down next to the Luna and opposite the alpha. Alex was sat next to his father leaving me without him next to me.

The Luna gave me a smile and I returned one . the alpha just starred at me blankly. I didn't know whether he was disappointed , disgusted or just tired.

"Good evening ." I said hopefully to stop the awkward silence. I looked to Alex for help but he just smiled at me.

His father mumbled a good evening and his mother just nodded her head. After a long,  long line of awkward silence and a lot of glancing at each other, the food was served.

The starter was a prawn cocktail. I was amazed at how perfect it looked but also couldn't help but think how late it was and how I was supposed to eat a lot of food at night when all I wanted to do was go to bed, my stomach groaned in anticipation for the feast to come.

"How many courses is this may I ask?" I said in the most politest way I could unconsciously resting a hand protectively over my stomach.

"It is a 5 course meal." Alex chirped in with a grin. He probably new what I was thinking . I was so dead . there Is no way I am going to be able to eat a 5 course meal at like 2 in the morning.

We had ,had the prawn cocktail, carrot and coriander soup and was in to the main meal. We had received a plate of pasta with a tomato source and there was a piece of parsley on the top. I was just looking at it in horror. How was I supposed to eat pasta now!

"Is something wrong?" The Luna asked as she looked at me and then my food.

" it's.....just...errrrm...that I .......errm." I stuttered a bit until finally my ' mate' decided to help.

"Mother maybe we should talk about the whole 'mate' thing now ?" He suggested and I was so relived that I wasn't been looked at by everyone now. But I also wasn't happy that we had to talk about us. I picked up my glass of wine and decided that I should just drink my embarrassment away.

"Ahh yes about that." The alpha started." When will you two be thinking of mating?" He asked like it was a normal thing to asked.

I chocked on my drink and was having a coughing fit, I was not expecting him to be so abruptly about it."mating?" I asked while trying to stop coughing. I felt like I had just breathed in fire, my lungs were burning from the wine.