The Ball

Video: I love this music so much! You can almost imagine yourself at the ball!

As the line of carriages began to flood into the palace, Anne was startled to see the vast amount of young ladies who were on the same mission as her. Anne wasn't particularly fond of the task that awaited her, but she knew that she had to do it, if not for her, for her parents.

As she and her parents walked closer and closer to the building they could tell how expensive everything was. 

Anne's family had new money, this meant that their wealth was amassing but it had recently taken a halt. They used to be super wealthy until their grandfather blew it all out on a shipping port that was apparently too shallow for fishing and to store boats.  

Their family bounced back and took a firm hold of the ballgown industry. Her mother was an amazing tailor and her father was the best negotiator that she knew. Her parents were quite good for their jobs, but they also knew exactly how to work the system.  

Anne didn't care for the analytics of everything nor the never ending tussles her parents got into with customers or any person for that matter. 

Anne just wanted to write. She found that to be her way to escape from everything crazy going on around her. Her goal was halted at the moment when she was assigned the doomed task.  The task would hopefully help the repair the reputation that was ruined by their grandfather. 

The task wasn't going to be as easy as Anne thought it would. It would require a determined mind and a show stopping performance to truly catch his eye.  

As the family walked in, the castle was lined with gold sconces and beautiful paints created by world class painters. Some of her favorites caught her eye. Anne was already aware how rich the family was, but this truly took her breath away. 

"Mother look do you see!" Anne pointed with absolute astonishment.  

"Anne! Dear goodness, put your arm down. You are not a child!" Evelyn seethed.  

"Mother you are quite harsh." Anne stated under her breath. 

She caught a distasteful eye from her mother realizing she had heard what she said. Anne nearly choked on her breath and her mother swooped in towards her face.  

"Don't you dare speak to me that way child or else!" She threatened. 

The family continued to walk down the elegant foyer until they were guided into the ball room.  

It was a vast room with so many colors due to all the dresses. Anne noticed the once again how amazing the architecture was along with the paintings and other elements.  

The ambience of the room was just as breath taking. The butlers were dressed accordingly with black suits and they served a gold liquid on their trays. Others served delicate hors d'oeuvres.  

Anne immediately left her family as she wanted to enjoy the ball as much as she could. She quickly downed the floor case until she stood at the base.  

Anne managed to track down one and picked up glass that was filled to the brim with the fluid. She squinted her eyes as she took a sip. It was quite good for whatever it was.  

She made sure not to consume to much because she didn't want it to affect her night. She trailed after another butler after what seemed for forever. She grabbed one of the appetizers and examined it throughly.  

It was a small piece of bread topped with some kind of white cheese spread and smoked salmon on top. Anne wasn't fond of fish, but she hadn't eaten anything since she put on her ballgown earlier today. She once again closed her eyes as she placed it into her mouth.