Poison

Takes place episode 2x12 when Morgana was poisoned by Merlin. Morgana has been under the evil influence of Morgause which has lead her to those bad choices.

As the light drained from Morgana's terrified face, Merlin released his embrace with her. Morgana sunk to the floor, where she lay still. Panic surged through Merlin, taking over his brain. His eyes glowed gold and he shouted an incantation, his voice cracking.

In moments, Morgana's eyes fluttered open. For a few weeks, Morgana's eyes had been a dull, matte gray. Now, they were back to a beautiful green.

"Merlin?" She said weakly. Merlin burst out in his goofy smile and he hugged her.

"I'm so sorry." She sobbed, shuddering. "I don't know what came over me." She sobbed. Merlin just shook his head gently.

"It wasn't you. You were enchanted." He spat (fakely), breaking the hug. He slid Morgause's bracelet off her wrist and threw it across the hallway.

"That's the thing, Merlin. I don't think magic is bad." She choked out the words painfully.

Merlin looked at her inquisitively.

"In fact, I have magic." She sobbed. "But, I ask you as a friend, please don't tell Uther." She burst into more tears.

Merlin nodded slowly. He opened his mouth to say something, but the doors burst open with a bam!

Morgause was striding in, looking very distressed.

"Sister! What has he done to you?!" She said dangerously.

"Get away from me!" Morgana shrieked, her throat raw.

"What have you done?!" Morgause demanded at Merlin.

"I've saved her." Merlin said darkly, standing in front of Morgana.

"Very well, then." Morgause said coolly, raising her arm.

Before she could cast a spell, Merlin's eyes glowed gold and Morgause was sent flying back.

"You have magic!" Morgause bellowed.

He has magic! Morgana's heart leaped.

Morgause was quicker to the punch this time; Merlin became surrounded by huge ants that crawled up his clothing. Merlin set them on fire and they reeled back off him and perished. Now Merlin was on fire.

Morgana felt something rising up in her that she didn't realize before. She whispered something and her eyes glowed; now Merlin was no longer on fire.

He turned and smiled at Morgana. She winked back.

"Enough!" Morgause yelled, sending Morgana into unconsciousness. Merlin bellowed back a spell and Morgause was surrounded by flames. As she attempted to cast another spell, the flames burned higher to catch the spell mid-flight.

"Morgause." Merlin spat. "It's over."

Morgause began to be completely enveloped in the fire. Merlin gasped as he felt himself tearing at his chest. He looked down to find nothing, and was greeted by a headache that sent him reeling. Morgause screamed one more time, then nothing.

The flames died, and nothing was there.

Merlin passed out looking over his shoulder to see if Morgana was okay...