40~ Xavier Russo

Watching her drive away with tears in her eyes, broke me. Even more than when I saw her kissing someone else.

Why the fuck didn't I let her explain?

What's there to explain though? She kissed someone else.

But what if she didn't kiss him and he kissed her?

I need to find fucking Jordan now. Wiping the blood in my fist against the hem of my shirt. I started towards the direction in which Jordan escaped. I searched the area for about ten minutes and gave up when I couldn't find him. Deciding to cool myself down with Cheriè's presense, I started walking towards the hospital

Is she truly in love with me?

The question I tried so hard to push to the back of my mind popped up as I walked inside and examined the gloves she bought me in my hand.

Do I love her?

I can't go there right now. Shaking all the thoughts aside, I walked inside Cheriè's room to see her sound asleep.

"Ah Cheriè... credo di aver sbagliato", I ran a hand through my hair as I sat down on the couch and turned on the mini TV in the right corner of the wall.
(Ah Cheriè.. I think I messed up)

Flipping through the channels, nothing peaked my interest.
"Wild boars best roasted"
"Oppa Saranghae!"
"Noah, no wait!"
"New Covid-19 mutant found in the UK"
"Daughter to the Californian Mayor dead in car crash"
"You're watching the Disney Channel"

"Wait! What?", I instantly flipped back to the previous channel as the remote in my hand fell to the floor.

"Natalie White, daughter to Richard White the Californian Mayor, found dead in a Car crash at 12pm. It said she drove under distress and crashed into a black SUV trying to turn it's car around in the street leading to her house. According to the hospital records, she died upon impact and speculations are made regarding her death. Thoughts and prayers go to the Mayor in light of this tragic death. This isn't the first time the Californian Mayor had to go through a devastating death of beloved daughter, his second born..."

I stilled and went numb as the words echoed in my head. I surely must've been mistaken. There's no way my Bella is dead.

What am I to do now? How is she- she was just here a minute ago! She can't- she- No!

My breaths became uneven as I furiously started dialing her number on my phone. It went straight to voicemail, making me smash the phone against the floor, shattering it to pieces.

Grabbing my head by the roots of my hair, I tried to calm myself but nothing worked as I failed to notice Cheriè being awakened.

"Xavy cosa c'è che non va? Stai bene?", She called out from her bed.
(Xavy what's wrong? Are you okay?)

"Cheriè devo andare da qualche parte. Starai bene da solo?", I looked at her with pleading eyes
(Cheriè I have to go somewhere. Will you be okay alone?)

"Si", she nodded her head as I dashed out the door to the bus stop.

The bus was taking too late, so I just ran all the way to her house but a swarm of reporters were blocking the street.

From inbetween the people, I could see her precious car totally ruined. Blood smeared on the ground as 'Do not cross' tapes were taped around the scene.

It suddenly became all very real. My Bella is gone and the last words I've said to her was that I didn't trust her. She died letting me know that she loved me. And I being the asshole I am didn't even say it back. I should've gone after her, if I did my Bella would have been alive and I would've been able to man up and tell her that I fucking loved her. So damn much.

My feet gave way as I fell to the ground beside her house. My head in my hands as I hated myself over and over again. The pain seething through me was agonising. The fact that she died without knowing that I loved her makes me want to kill myself, just so I could go tell her that I love her and I'm sorry for being an asshole, sorry for making her cry, sorry for not listening to her and letting her explain. I want my Bella back! There's so much I've yet to tell her...

I can't go back to a life without her.

I cried like I've never cried before. She died because of me. If I hadn't hurted her, she wouldn't have been driving while crying and crashed. I fucked up the life of the girl I love.

Bella I love you, please don't leave me.

"Mr Russo? What the fuck are you doing here? We need to get going!", Someone hit my back making me look up from my arms.

It was Bella's former bodyguard, Brian. He was sharply dressed in a tuxedo with a gun latched on his belt and an earpiece on his ear.

"Wer-were you crying?", He looked shaken as he saw my state.

I couldn't even get my self to get angry at his nonchalantness as the hurt within me deprived me of all my energy

"Wait! Mr Russo! You don't really believe she's...dead", he whispered the last word.

Has this man lost his mind? I want to punch him so hard but why the fuck can't I get myself to stand.

"Damn it Mr Russo! We can't waste time", Brian pulled me up and dragged my confused self to a SUV.

"What the fuck do you think you doing?", I shrugged his hands off me, finally gathering myself

"You're clueless, aren't you? Just get in, I'll explain on the way Mr Russo", Brian pulled me in and closed the door of the SUV

"What the fuc-", Brian cut me off and pulled out a file

"This is project KB. I was about inform it to you the other day but you walked out. So I assumed Miss White would explain it you herself. I didn't expect the project to be carried out immediately"

"Project KB?"

"Project Kidnapped Bella", My eyes widened at what he just spewed

"What on earth are you on about?"

"Miss White devised this plan to get Mr Hawthorn to confess to his crimes", upon seeing my confused state Brian further elaborated, "Miss White set this up. She got Mr Jordan to flirt with her in pretense to cause an argument between you both so that the spies who keep watch on Miss White would be fooled into thinking that her security is dropped, opening the perfect window for a kidnapping. After she's kidnapped, she would try and get Mr Hawthorn to confess to his crimes, as she records it with the small recorder we've planted in her. While she gets that done, we track her location from the tracker built into the recorder and save her"

I blinked rapidly before taking a deep breath,
"So...what you're telling me is that she's really not dead?"

"No. As far as we know. We checked the body and it isn't Miss White, just a severely damaged cadaver of a teen girl"

Running a hand through my head, I tried to wrap my head around the whiplash of emotions I'm experiencing.

"So all of this was planned? From the kiss to the crash?"

"What kiss? Did Mr Jordan kiss Miss White!? He had strict orders to not do that! He was only supposed go flirt with her. And as for the crash...it wasn't planned. But thankfully according to the private CCTV footages, she didn't receive much damage from the crash and was docked into a black SUV, identical to the one she crashed into"

My brain was working at 20 miles per hour trying to process the information I've received in the past twenty minutes.

Important thing is...she's not dead. But she might be when I get my hands on her!

"Why the fuck wasn't I informed on any of this shit!?", I narrowed my eyes to slits at a gulping Brian.

"Well I did try to tell you Mr Russo...but you left. I just assumed Miss White would tell it to you herself, considering you're the head of the operation"

"I'm the what now!?", I shot up and hit my head on the roof of the SUV.

Grabbing a travel bag from under the seat, Brian passed it to me. Upon opening it, there were various guns and a tuxedo in my size.

"Suit up Mr Russo. We're almost there now"