Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own the Vampire Diaries ( unfortunatly :( ) But I do own Annabella and Delilah

DELILAH'S POV

"Mother you know that I have a right to know who he is!" I argued with her for literally the 1,000th time over my life as we got up in each others face.

"It's for your own good that you don't know! He will hurt and brake you like everything else he touches!" She screamed back as she got a desperate look on her face.

"I should be the one to decide what is best for me! If I get hurt then it will be my own fault, not yours and I want to know him!!" I shouted back in exasperation.

"Fine you really want to know that bad then I'll tell you! It's, It's, It's Niklaus all right! The one who left us OK" She shouted as she slumped down onto the sofa in defeet.

"Mum, you know that isn't true! You told me yourself that you were the one to leave him not the other way around." Gently I told her as I pulled her in to a hug. I didn't want to cause her to be this way but she acted as if I didn't understand, and that really frustrates me! Mother says I got my fathers temper, that's why I get worked up easily.

"Only because I knew that he would leave me in the end and that I was saving myself the heart ache and it was for the best for you." She reasoned with me as we hugged each other. Both of us now had silent tears running down our faces. Hers out of despair, mine from utter frustration and guilt for being the cause of her pain.

"Then why haven't you told me about this before?" I asked her as she dried her tears and started to pace around our small apartments living room. Don't get me wrong we could afford to buy a larger place but mum wanted me to have a normal childhood.

"You are only 14 Delilah. I wasn't sure if you could handle the truth with out hating me in the process. You see he is a murdering monster and I couldn't bear to see him reject you. I could handle it if it was me but not you -you are my daughter, my world! I couldn't risk your happiness just for my own selfish gain." She told me, begging me with her eyes to believe her. I knew she did it out of my best interests but she didn't even know for sure he would react like that. She didn't even give him a chance!

"I do believe you but you don't know that he would of reacted that way! Please, mother, let me meat him and if he doesn't want anything to do with me then that's fine. At least he would of said it himself and to my face, not just a preconceived assumption. If he does want anything to do with me then I want him in my life! Please, just give me that! Give me that one chance!" I begged my mother, looking into her emerald green eyes and dared her to tell me no.