three

Since that day, Chenle and I got closer. Well, we are not friends, but we do have chitchats like what friends do.

Students are laughing and mocking us, saying that the nerd and the war-freak got together. They always tease us but we're just shrugging it off. We don't care about what they all say anyway. As long as they're not hurting us physically, we're just shrugging it off.

I'm inside the library today with one of my classmate, Jung Haru.

If I haven't mention it to you, I am the class president of our classroom and this guy in front of me is the vice president. Our instructor said that it was based on the student's intelligence and yeah, not with bragging but I have a high IQ so I became the class president of our classroom. We're here now to do the project Mr. Nakamoto gave us, and because it's not an individual project, Haru became my partner.

I suddenly feel sleepy so I told Haru that I'll take a nap.

"Haru, you can decide and begin our project. I'm just going to take a nap for fifteen minutes," I said and when he nodded, I immediately closed my eyes and take a nap.

I really wanna rest right now.

I don't know if I have been sleep for exactly fifteen minutes. I slowly open my eyes and adjust my eyeglasses so that I can see clearly, but instead of seeing Haru, my eyes widened when I saw Zhong Chenle in front of me. I hurriedly sit up straight and cupped the side of my lips to check if I have drained saliva.

After checking that I haven't, I look at him again, still in shock.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked.

He crossed his arms and remove the lollipop on his mouth before answering me. He don't have any expression as always. It's just like the first time I saw him.

"I'm here to make the pairings for the project, fair" He said.

My forehead creased. Fair? What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You see, if the president and the vice president of the classroom became partner for a project including the other students, it will be unfair to us. You two are smart. You can't just be partner in this project so I told Mr. Nakamoto to make a change."

"A-And?"

Chenle rolled his eyes.

"And of course, I'm now your new partner. Do you have any problem with that?" he asked.

I suddenly got a goosebumps. Why is his voice like that? It's too cold.

"I have no problem, Chenle." I said. He rolled his eyes and tsked. I slightly smiled because of his cute reaction.

"Okay.. let's start then,"

***