Chapter 23

Um... hi, I guess.

You're probably wondering why I've been gone for so long. I would too. I don't want to get into too many details, but I basically got extremely burnt out on practically everything. School and personal life got incredibly stale and boring for me. I also really wanted a break from the Internet since it can be such a toxic place and I didn't want to put myself in that environment anymore. I've mostly been doing school work and gaming. I've mostly been gaming since the end of October. I played a lot of RDR2, GTA 5, SMO, and BoTW during that time frame. I'm finally making a comeback. Although I still feel burnt out, I just needed to write at least one more chapter of the fanfic. Don't worry, more chapters will come over the break.

Sorry if the writing isn't very good for this chapter. It's been a while lol.

I'm also going to start posting again on @nomadic.aang on Instagram if you've come from there.

~~~

"Hi, Aang!" she said, her back facing the door. She was now staring at the boy who she was once loving a week before this whole mess.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked.

"Oh, I uh... just needed some fresh air," she replied. "It gets a little stuffy in there, you know what I mean?" Her mind then started to wander off to what he had been saying just a few moments prior, her cheeks turning to a shade of faint pink. He noticed the blush spreading quickly across her face. It didn't take long for him to realize why.

He opened his eyes with complete shock and his cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Erm... you didn't happen to catch anything I said did you?" Aang asked, his eyes looking everywhere except her face.

That question took her out of her daydream. "N-no! I barely came outside just right now!"

Aang stared at her in suspicion. "If that's true then why are you reaching for the door handle?"

She turned to look at her hand which was resting on the door handle. She quickly pulled her hand away and brought it to her side. "I didn't realize how cold it would be out here, I was going to go back and get my fur coat."

He tilted his head and smiled. "Then you can wear mine!" He took it off and handed it too her. "I don't really get that cold, so I should be fine."

Her faint blush spread across her face. "Th-thank you."

"Sooo, you wanna come and hang out on Appa?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Alright, let's go!" he said as he airbent himself onto Appa. Katara took the steps and sat next to Aang.

~~~

They had spent the evening chatting and hanging out. Aang decided to sleep with Appa and Katara went back inside with a huge smile on her face. She opened the door, which was now unlocked, and Toph had been sitting right against the wall adjacent to the door.

"How was it, Sweetness?" Toph asked with a smirk on her face.

"It was just... wow," Katara sighed.

"You wanna thank me or what?" Toph said.

"Oh shush up." Katara rolled her eyes.

"C'mon, I know you've missed him."

"Alright, alright. Fine. Thank you, Toph."

"You're wel-"

"But why do you care so much?" Katara interrogated.

Toph groaned. "Cause Sugarqueen. We know it's been painful for the both of you. It's also painful for us to watch you two flirt again with you two being completely oblivious!"