Depression

I haden't talked to anyone in weeks. Not my parents not my sister or brother not even Patrick or Mary Elizabeth. I never left that room. I waited until everyone was gone to get food because I couldn't stand the questions people would ask me.

But I have only just realized that I had done nothing wrong. It was Sam that should be blamed because she cheated on me with that maniac.  So I decided to come out. I opened the door and came down into the living room. They were all still there. My family and Patrick and Mary Elizabeth.

They looked at me when I entered. "Charlie!" Patrick screamed standing up. The weird thing was that he was holding Mary Elizabeth's hand. "Charlie we've been worried" my mom said hugging me.

"Look i know you all want to know what happened but I'm just not ready to tell you" I said looking at my feet.

"That's alright Charlie we weren't expecting a story" my sister said rubbing my back " were just happy your out of your room".

"Has Sam been around?" I asked almost choking out the words. 

"Uh...no but she wanted to see you about something she wouldn't tell me but she was crying" Patrick said.

"Tell her I'm done with her. What she did was unforgivable" I said and I went into the kitchen.

Patrick and Mary Elizabeth were right behind me. I got the milk out of the fridge and drank it from the carton.

"Lets go for a walk Charlie"  Mary Elizabeth said still holding Patrick's hand.

We walked silently for a while then I talked. "Ok I'll tell you!" I said.

"A few weeks ago I was at work and Sam's co worker for a play came over while I was gone and when I came back she was kissing him" I said .

"Sam did that to you" Mary Elizabeth gasped.

"I'll never trust her again" I said .

"I wouldn't blame you" Patrick said.

"I just need to get her out of my mind" I said and we continued walking for a while.

They were still holding hands.

"Whats with that?" I asked pointing at their hands.

"Oh... were sort of a thing now" Patrick  revealed.

"Huh but I thought yo were..."

"I know I know but we are past that and we connect" he answered. 

"Well I'm happy for you guys" I said and smiled for the first time in a long long time.