Physical Education

The Gym wasn't even a gym, it was just a large room gingerly attached to the side of the school. The floors looked as if they were fifty years old, at least, and the smell of sweat was overwhelming. I wrinkled my nose, and looked around cautiously.

Twenty eyes were on me as I scanned the crowd, eventually landing on the teacher. He was in entirely too short-shorts, a grey shirt was tucked into those shorts, and his mustache looked like it could use some attention. I didn't feel awkward, because I was so used to being new. You got that hang over it when you've been doing it for a little over a hundred years.

"Can I help you, Miss?" His voice was gruff, as his chubby arms crossed over his chest.

"Uhm," I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "I just transferred here, and I had a little trouble finding the gym. Obviously, I've found it. My name is Thana Reaper. My schedule says I have first hour P.E..." I folded my arms across my chest, and sighed,

"Ah yes, Miss Reaper. My name is Mr. Yates. Today we're playing Dodge-ball, but it seems as if you don't have any gym clothes, so today you can just sit it out. Tomorrow you need to have those clothes though." He said. I nodded.

I found a seat on the small set of pull out bleachers. I sat my bag next to me. My eyes wandered over all the girls in either boy shorts, or booty shorts. Most of the girls seemed to lay back, while the guys took the game seriously.

As my eyes wandered over the, I met the smirk on the face of the soul I was to take. Eric. I smiled back, and he soon turned back to the game.

I took note of his appearance. He was tall, could have been mistaken for lanky when standing still, but his muscles rippled when he moved. He had shaggy brown hair, and and equally brown eyes. There wasn't anything really special about him, except he did have a good smile..This would be an easy case.

Licking my parched lips, I was glancing over the boys, and one in particular I did not notice before, was staring straight at me. He smirked, but didn't turn away. Oh Gee, why Him?

I turned my attention to the door, hoping I could get out of there quickly when the stupid bell rang.

After a tedious thirty minutes of waiting, the second I heard the bell, I darted out. When I felt the hand on the small of my back, less then ten feet from the door, I knew I had failed. So, I didn't look at him to give him satisfaction.

"What are you doing here, Brendan?" I hissed through my teeth, dodging between a couple to remove his hand. It worked, until it didn't. I barely had time to feel the cool air before the warmth came back.

"Am I not allowed to have a case here, like you?" He whispered, his mouth dangerously close to my ear. I could practically feel the steam roll right off his tongue. I recoiled in disgust.

"Touche, Brendan. But just because we're both here, doesn't mean we're all buddy-buddy again. Stay out of my Path, and I'll stay clear from you." I smirked, nearly missing as kid as we both turned  a corner. His hand gripped my arm tight, pulling me into an empty stairwell a few feet to the right. It amazed me how no one was in here.

"Look, Thans, I took the case here to try and apologize. I didn't get a chance to when you stormed out on me back in Italy. Which, by the way, was unfair." I finally looked up, still curious as to why no one was coming up or down the staircase, and that's when I noticed the roped off area where some steps were crumbling apart. Plus, it seemed these stairs were leading to the basement. I tried to focus on the tape, but as he spoke, anger rose inside of me.

"Unfair? You wanna know what is unfair, Brendan? Thinking that, when I finally gave you a chance to prove you weren't the guy plenty of girls, for centuries, had been telling me you were. I can't believe I actually fell for it all. All the roses, and cuddling, and sweet talk. You had me convinced sixteen years you weren't that guy. But who did I see in Italy, with that slutty woman? You. That guy. And then I got to wondering. How long had you been that guy, instead of my guy?" I sucked in a breath, about to continue my speech, when I looked up into his eyes, and I was silenced.

Just. Like. Always. Damn him! With my mouth sealed shut, thanks to his special power, I just glared, hoping his saw my death glares. And being the daughter of death himself, they had to be scary.

"Thana, you're going to hear my out, whether you like it or no-"The bell for second hour to begin rang, but I was held firmly in my place. one hand tightly gripped on my arm, and the other planted right next to me head. If I could open my mouth, boy would I try to bite him.

He sighed, taking his hand from the wall and pushing a thin bit of hair out of my face, "I miss you Thana. I miss waking up to your beautiful face, I miss watching you walk down the hallway, nothing o-" I hit him, hard, in the arm before he could respond. But knowing him, all too well, he just chuckled, and now took both my arms in his hand, pinning them above me. Just like old times. As his body pressed against mine, I couldn't help but notice how nice it was to feel his presence again. It fueled my anger more.

"Now, Thana, as I was saying. No matter what you seem to think, I did not sleep with her. We were just having some drinks, that's all. I swear, I would never cheat on you. " I rolled my eyes at his pathetic excuse, "Why would I cheat on you when I spent centuries to get you to even say yes to going out with me? That would be dumb. Now, I'd really like it if you and I could get dinner tonight, maybe somewhere a little fancier. Like what about that little Bistro in France we went to that one time?"

My anger was brewing, and had just reached it's boiling point. Even though, I could not talk, I could still do damage. Brining my knee up, I connected him squarly in the groin, causing him to fall back and tetter a little. His hand's grip loosened on mine, and I yanked them free, pushing him away and off of me. He lost his footing, and fell back on his ass. I tried not to laugh and seem amused. I walked over to him, pushing his back to the ground with my shoe. With my foot secured on his chest, I looked over him. As he looked up to me, his mind ridden with pain, he let go of me.

"I will never be with you again, Brendan. I'm over you. You had your chance, and you let me down. Now, leave me alone, or I will get you reassigned somewhere else." With the turn of my heel, and the grind in his chest, I picked up my bag, slung it on my shoulder, and went to find where the hell my English class was.

Yet, not without hearing, "I will get you back, Thana," Echoing from the stairwell I had recently walked away from. I let out a chuckle, and just kept on walking.

This was either going to be really irritating, or really fun. Hopefully, it was the latter.