Chapter 2: Life-Saver

I spent the next half an hour in the recording room, setting up the sound board, the mics, and laying the head phones out. I heard a knock on the door, then Trevor go, "Skyyyyyyy, meet Bring me the Horizon. Guys this is Skylar, she is new working here so go easy on her." He chuckled. I watched as Oli and Curtis exchanged glances then look back at me. "Hey" said both Matts, almost in unison. I giggled because it was kind of funny. Oli extended his arm and held out his hand to shake mine as he said "It's nice to meet you, Skylar. I'm Oli."

I wanted to say, "I know who you are and you are one sexy motherfucker." But let's face it; I could barely make out "hi" So it was fairly unless.

"We are looking forward to working with you." He continued. "Hell yeah we are!" Curtis added. "Oh yeah, I'm Curtis by the way but you knew that," he winked, which made Oli slap him. "I was just kidding dude." He said. "Anyways, I'm Curtis, obviously that's Oli, and they're both Matt." He laughed. I looked at them, and one said hi, and the other gave me the sup nod. "And that's Lee."

I looked over at Lee, and he smiled, looked down, and scratched his head, all at the same time. We all exchanged awkward glances. I didn't know what to say. I was star struck. Trevor waved his hand in front of my face "uhm, hello? Skylar? You there?" He said sarcastically. I smacked his hand away, "Shuddup you idiot. Don't be a smartass." The guys laughed and so did Trevor. "Okay, I deserved that. But Skylar do you mind covering the front desk after you are done with the guys?" Trevor asked. "Sure." I said. "I just have to go run some errands real quick, I should be done be back by the time you guys are done, but just in case..." I interrupted him, "It's okay Trev." He nodded then thanked me before running off. I was obviously like super nervous. But I played it cool. "Hey guys. Shall we get started?" They agreed so we got to it.

They were actually pretty cool. Between tracks we joked around a lot, about the most random things too. It was very fun. The few hours they were here passed by so quickly; before I knew it they were walking out the soundproof room one by one.

I was bombarded with comments;

"It was great working with you. We'll see you soon" from Matt.

"Nice meeting you" from Oli.

"Will you be my best friend?" from Curtis

"We should all hang out sometime." from other Matt.

I replied, "Same, Same, of course, and totally!"

Having two brothers pays off very well when you are in need of quick answers like that.

The guys all gave me a hug before walking out the door. Lee was last to give me a hug. He made sure the others were further away before he did. He pulled me close and said, "It was great working with you, skylar. I look forward to seeing you again soon." He pulled away, and walked through the door, but quickly turned back, "by the way you have really pretty eyes." I blushed. He smiled, and walked through the door once again.

They were all so fun and extremely adorable, which made it even better. I did get over my nervousness eventually. I mean besides they are just people right?

Wrong

They are Gods

I went to cover the front desk like Trevor had asked. I had paperwork to do, so I took that with me. I was sitting in silence for no more than 10 minutes, with only the sounds of the pen movements on my paper, and the clock ticking. Which got annoying after awhile, so, I grabbed the nearest CD off the desk and inserted it into the drive. I didn't bother looking at the name on the CD I wanted to be surprised.

When it started playing I realized I hadn't heard it before. Whatever or Whomever it was, I liked it. A lot. I began tapping my foot and nodding my head to the beat. The singing sounded very familiar. I have definitely heard this band before, either way the guitar solo was impressive! I couldn't help but strum along to it.