1.0

ARRIVING AT THE BONEYARD, AMBER IMMEDIATELY GRABBED RAFE'S HAND AND RAN TOWARDS THE WATER

ARRIVING AT THE BONEYARD, AMBER IMMEDIATELY GRABBED RAFE'S HAND AND RAN TOWARDS THE WATER. He didn't try and put much thought into it, the pair usually acted like this;  Amber had also already 'forgiven' Rafe in the car ride, it's not like she actually worried for what the boy had to say about Theo. "I missed the water." Amber smiled, looking out at the ocean. "Lucky we're surrounded by it then, aren't you?" He smiled, looking at the girl stood beside him with so much want in his eyes.

He felt like a fool. She was now going out with Theo and he couldn't help but think if things would be different if he had grown the courage to ask her out at some point through the years. "Wanna' get a beer?" Rafe asked, not bothering to wait for an answer as he was already leading her towards the large group of people. The tourists, kooks and pogues who scattered across the beach. The boneyard was definitely one of the only few places on the island the groups all 'shared'. Technically it was pogue territory, but that was hardly ever mentioned. A kegger thrown at the boneyard was a party that disregarded social classes.

"Mikael!" Amber let go of Rafe's hand, running towards her brother to engulf him in a -practically bone crushing- hug. "Haven't seen your face in a while." She told him, ruffling his hair.

"I've been pretty busy." It was true, the pogues, along with Mikael, had just begun a treasure hunt. "We'll hangout soon I promise." Amber rolled her eyes, knowing her brother's antics. She wanted him to have fun and initially didn't mind his friendship with the pogues. She still didn't, but she felt as if he considered them more like family than he did his own blood. And of the course the fact that she, just like any other kook, didn't think the pogues were the best of influences.

"Just give me two beers." She held her hands out, waiting for the red solo cups. "Be careful, Mickey." She told him before walking off and lightly pecking his cheek.  She knew the pogues had good intentions, but they also almost always managed to get themselves into some sort of trouble.

"How's brother dearest doing?" Rafe asked before taking a sip of the beer Amber handed him seconds prior.

"Still choosing to spend his life on the cut..." She paused for a moment before continuing, "I mean the pogues aren't so bad, they're quite fun to be around when they aren't doing anything too illegal." She chuckled, "I miss it sometimes." She whispered the last sentence before bringing the red solo cup to her lips.

"They aren't so bad?" Rafe quoted Amber's previous words, "If they're so much fun to hangout with, why don't you just join your brother. Just leave your best friends for people who you don't even know all too well." He scoffed, clenching his jaw as he looked away from the girl. He in fact heard her last sentence and he didn't want to lose her, especially not to the likes of them.