Chapter 3

Chapter 3

My friends left and my family and I were on our way to the hospital to visit my Aunt Sharon. It started to rain heavily which, in my opinion, is always a bad omen. We arrived at the hospital room where my Aunt was staying and silently slipped inside. I’ve never liked hospitals. They carry a sense of sadness and sickness which just puts me in a depressed mood. My Aunt is lying in the bed with tubes everywhere. There’s a bandage going around her head which kind of reminds me a mummy. She looks worse than the last time I came to visit. Her hair is a mess. It’s no where near her usual vibrant red color. Her skin looks very pale and chalky and her breathing is ragged. I wonder if she will ever come out of her coma.

“What would I ever do without my sister? How could I move on? She basically raised me.” My mom sobs. Dad is giving her reassuring pats on the back and tries to give her some more comfort. I can’t stand the sadness anymore.

“Hey…I’m going to go to the vending machine. Do you guys need anything?” I ask my parents softly. They reply with a simple head shake. I pass the nurses station as I silently make my way to the elevator that’s just down the hall. I must not have been paying much attention with my Aunt on my mind and all because before I knew it, I’m on the ground looking up at the mystery boy from school. I quickly get up and recover myself. He looks at me with an angry scowl and pushes past me to continue walking down the hall.

“Whoa, wait a minute!” I say to him.

“What?” He says nastily as he turns to face me.

“Aren’t you going to apologize? You don’t just keep walking when you knock someone down like that!” I say. I am now extremely irritated by his rudeness. He stares at me for a moment then turns around to continue walking the other way.

“Leave me alone Kaitlyn.” He responds angrily. What the hell's his problem? Whoa, wait a minute. How did he know my name?! He leaves out of my sight before I can say anything else.

~~~~  

“Yeah uh-huh, you know what it is, everything I do, I do it big. Yeah uh-huh, screaming that’s nothin

when I pulled out of the lot, that’s stuntin. Step up in my town when you see me you know everything

Black and yellow, black and yellow black and yellow, black and yelloooowwww!!” Kyler comes into the house behind my mom listening to his ipod singing ‘BLACK AND YELLOW’ by Wiz Khalifa. Dad drove me home and took Stevie to the movies to see the new Spiderman movie. I wasn’t in the mood for going out so I decided to stay home. My mom wanted to spend more time at the hospital with Aunt Sharon, so Kyler picked her up when it was time for her to come home.

“I’m going to call it a night guys. Behave..or else.” Mom declares before heading to the stairs.

“Or else? Why mommy, you know me well enough to know that I am ALWAYS an angel.”  Kyler says sarcastically pulling me into a bear hug with a stupid grin on his face.

"Shut up." Mom says as she rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. Mom needed that. I haven't seen her smile in days. The door bell rings and I walk over and open the door to see my brother's best friend Ed.

"Hey Eddie." I greet him with a smile as I let him in.

"Sup Kait. Where's the dumb twin?" He asks.

"Dumb? Why I'm appaled at your statement my dear friend." Kyler says as they start to wrestle. Boys. In the midst of their wrestling, Ed's shirt is ripped and then comes completely off. I wasn't trying to stare or anything, but hey..what can I say? He's a hottie. He has nice toned muscles and beautiful abs to go along with his gorgeous brown hair and brown eyes. Ed's like a brother to me, so I don't like him like that.