Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve 

          Opening her eyes, Haven looked around.  She was laying, wrapped up in her blankets, in her bed.  Sitting up, she felt a swirl of nausea hit her, which caused her to immediately throw herself back down onto the pillows. 

          "Shit . . . "  She breathed and slowly sat back up.  Looking around her room, she could see it was just hitting day break.  Her body ached, the muscles in her arms and legs were sore from the cold air of last night. 

          Sighing, she stood and looked down.  She was still in the same set of clothes she'd worn last night and she could almost feel how heavy her hair was with grease.  Shaking her head, she grabbed a pair of clothes from her bag and went down the steps. 

          After she made it down to the second floor, she closed the door behind her.  Turning, she almost ran into Derek, who just shook his head and walked away from her.  After she caught her breath, she headed over to the bathroom.  

          The door was open, so she walked in and closed it behind her.  Then, she locked it and walked over to the window.  It was open and a cold breeze was drifting into the room, causing goosebumps to raise on her lightly tanned skin. 

          Slamming it down, she locked that as well before turning to the shower.  She turned the two handles -- one for hot and the other for cold -- and let the water slowly warm itself.  As she stripped off her clothes, she yawned before stepping under the comforting water. 

          Haven quickly washed her hair and body before letting the water wash over her shaking frame.  After awhile, the water started getting warm and she shut it off slowly, not wanting to feel how cold it would've gotten.  Stepping out of the bath tub, she grabbed two towels and wrapped one around her body.  Then, she wrapped her hair in the smaller towel.

          After quickly drying off and dressing in her clothes, she brushed her teeth and used the mouthwash to get rid of the pasty feeling that was left in her mouth.  Then, she let her hair down and ran her fingers through it a few times.  It was damp and dripping on the floor, but it still wasn't dry enough to brush through it, yet.

          Sighing, she left it alone and walked out of the bathroom with her dirty clothes and towel in hand.  Back up in her room, she threw the clothes and towel on the ground and stomped her Vans onto her feet.  Then, she looked in the mirror.

          The whites of her eyes were red with irritation; almost like she had gotten high last night.  Her skin was pale as could be and she looked like she needed about ten more hours of sleep due to the deep purple bags under her eyes. 

          "Haven?"  She heard Darin's voice from the bottom of the steps.

          "Yeah?"  She croaked back. 

          "You sound like shit!"  He hollered up the stairs as he walked up them.  Sighing, she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes.  Once he reached the top of the steps, he stopped and frowned, "You look like hell, baby doll." 

          "That's exactly what I want to hear in the morning . . .  Thank you," she sarcastically said, groaning as she stretched.  He chuckled as she opened her eyes, taking in the glazed look they had. 

          "You look like you either got thrashed last night or you were geeking out a couple hours ago," he chuckled once again.  

          "Great!"  She snapped through her annoyance, "Now everyone will think I'm still a druggie and that I'm going to be nothing but a bad influence on you!  Thank you so much, Darin, for brightening up my day!"