A Looping of the Scales - Chapter 81 to 92 - Harry Potter FanFic.net

Hello. I own nothing and the original source is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5061224/1/A_Looping_of_the_Scales

Enjoy it!

Chapter 81 to 93

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 81: Realization

"Ben Weatherstaff? Oh, you have to be joking," Hermione said to Snape loftily as they sat at breakfast with the others.

He frowned at her slightly.

"That's the name he gave me, Hermione."

"Well, Ben Weatherstaff is a fictional character from Frances Hodgson Burnett's book, 'The Secret Garden.' He's not a real person."

"Maybe that's just his name," Susan suggested, trying to keep the peace. "It could be a coincidence that he's a gardener."

Snape remembered the storyline of the book.

"He said he once tended gardens at a manor, and the children there did magic—"

"Severus, you can't be that stupid to believe he's the real Ben Weatherstaff! That's a fairytale. Honestly, what's wrong with you? Don't you have a brain?"

Everyone blinked at Hermione. She was being very rude.

"I'm going to get more juice," Susan said, rising and walking over to the fridge.

Snape frowned at Hermione, displeasure in his dark eyes as everyone else continued eating, Blaise smirking slightly.

He'd never realized what an arrogant bitch Hermione was. Draco listened to Hermione talk down to Snape with some surprise. Why was he taking that from her? Harry was shaking his head slightly as he ate his eggs. Hermione was acting like a—git. Ginny was silent, barely registering what was going on because she was so deep in her own thoughts.

"Besides, even if he were real, he'd be dead by now," Hermione added. "He's probably just joking with you, pulling your leg, Severus. Some people are like that. I can't believe you're so gullible."

Then—she laughed at him.

Snape's mouth was in a tight line now. He hated being laughed at.

"I can't believe you're so arrogant," he said in a low voice.

Hermione laughed again as Susan set a pitcher of juice on the island and sat down, looking extremely uncomfortable as Ron raked the last of the sausages into his plate. There had been five on the platter.

Harry frowned at him. He'd only had one banger. Greedy bastard.

Hermione continued.

"It's only arrogance if you're wrong. I'm not wrong. Now, enough about fictional gardeners. He said he can keep a secret, so we're fine. Now, we have to focus on getting your lab set up. I've already come up with the perfect design—"

"I already know how I want to set up my lab," Snape said tightly.

Hermione snorted.

"It'll be a disaster if it's like your lab at Hogwarts. You have no idea about proper equipment placement. My design will have everything in the most strategic positions."

She reached into her pocket and produced a drawing, waving it in front of Snape's nose.

"See, it's very easy to follow. I'm going to be working in the lab, too, and I don't want to be running all over the place when I need something."