↠38

Two Months Later

Two Months Later

My feet imbalanced on the hill. My heart thrashed in my chest, my feet slid down the dirt and I was preparing to hit my head hard until William wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me to safety. "I'm beginning to think this wasn't a bad idea," William mumbled as he held me tightly.

That was scary.

"No, I'm just clumsy. I need to see what date you have planned for us," I declined and kept walking up the hill. William's hand slipped from my waist and instead, he held my hand with his. "It isn't much, Ev. I think it's more of a danger to make it up this hill," he protested. The happiness in his eyes when he told me about this date while keeping it a secret popped up inside my head.

I feel bad he's deciding against something he was proud of because of my clumsiness. "We could just run there," I suggested. Our wolves have met before, three times to be exact. Now I shift more often to make up for the months I didn't. "No, tomorrow," William decides against it.

It's has been exactly two months since Bradey left. And also, two months since I have last spoken to him. That bastard lied. He's been ignoring me, I'm convinced he changed his number as well. Instead of dwelling on it, I moved on with my life. I'm happier, much happier. Now when people ask me if I'm William's mate, I don't hesitate to say yes. Every time I think of Bradey, I get either sad or angry so I try not to think much of him. Nevertheless, I hope he's finding his happiness and I get to see him again.

William has been one of the sources of my happiness, but it's also because now I teach an art class for children, a painting class more specifically, at the middle school. It's also because I've gotten on Jayden's good side and he's actually not as bad as William told me he was. Renee and I have gotten much closer. I've spoken to Usha a couple of times and sadly, Vison was still no use.

Enrico and Zaire are still gone, there's a rumor that a couple of wolves saw them in Brazil though. Now, the sun was about to set and William found me in the kitchen. He rambled off about how we're going on a date and prepared me for this hike up the hill.

We're almost there.

William had me walk ahead with our hands still linked for my safety for the rest of the walk. We stopped at a small clearing at the top of the hill, there was a sheet in the middle with a food basket and unexpectedly, a tray filled with paint and paintbrushes beside two blank canvases. "What's this?" I asked, turning back to him. Alaska whimpered at the sight of how good our mate looks in the sunset light right now.

"Well, I thought you could paint the sunset here. You were ranting about you're losing inspiration for the kids to paint something," William explained, bringing me out of my thoughts. That's true, I've been looking for more inspiration in the nature category but this would be too detailed for them.

Well...I don't have to make it detailed.

We've already done a sunset but with the landscape in front of us, it's completely different.