Chapter 70

The little girl inside the seventeen year old queen of Vijaygarh was really thrilled to meet the prince of Shivgarh. Aparajita could not deny the pull of attraction towards the handsome prince who had enamored the queen with his sensible talks. Eventually, the prince had made a place in the queen’s heart. The adolescent queen needed a companion, a humble friend to pour her heart out and Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was indeed, the perfect supporter.

A small voice inside the queen’s heart was constantly chiding her. Her conscience was trying to stop her but for the first time in her life, Aparajita was ready to commit the incorrigible act of meeting her friend in the odd hours. Somewhere, her instinct was nagging to stop her but today, she wanted to keep aside all the negative thoughts and enjoy her day.

Humming her favorite song, Aparajita smiled standing in front of the mirror as she got ready for the evening. She could neither calm her fluttering heart nor could she hide the sweet smile playing on her lips. She could not realize the reason of her joy but for today, she did not want think much. She wanted to enjoy her me-time with her friend at her favorite place, the heart of the forest.

Dressed in a bright red kimono-type hunting dress, Aparajita took a deep breath admiring her reflection in the mirror. Informing her bodyguard, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat that she was heading towards the villages near the forest for patrolling and analyzing the lives of the villagers, she climbed over her pet horse, Shera and began her journey towards the forest excitedly.

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was trying to find happiness as he was sure of winning Vijaygarh eventually. He had carefully led a simple plan and he was sure of his success but to his dismay, he could not forget the innocent face of his beautiful queen. Heading towards their meeting point in the middle of the forest near the stream of the river, Veerbhadra laughed sarcastically at his fate as he mumbled, “How bad did fate play with me? I have fallen in love with the one on whom I want to inflict the maximum pain.”

Veerbhadra rode fast towards the forest of Vijaygarh as he had to meet his loyal messenger, Trayambak Sharma. No doubts, the law minister of Vijaygarh had been of immense help to him. He had asked Trayambak to meet him in the evening where he would guide him for the next move. A smirk played on his lips as he realized he was actually a step closer for avenging his grandfather’s death by crumbling down the dignity and pride of the mighty queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

Trayambak, on the other hand, was walking slowly towards inside the forest. His heart was thumping loudly. For the first time in his life, his conscience was reprimanding him. A small voice inside him wanted to stop him for crumbling a young girl’s dignity but he realized he had taken the money from the prince of Shivgarh.

“Once a traitor is always a traitor”, mumbled Trayambak as he stood in the middle of the forest waiting for the sly prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput to arrive and instruct him on what to do.

Aparajita, on the other hand, was filled with joy and enthusiasm. She knew she had meet her friend when darkness engulfed the sky but like an excited kid, she reached early at the meeting spot in the dusk. She smiled as she decided to wait for the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput.

Aparajita got down from her pet horse, Shera and decided to sit on the banks of the stream of calm waters burbling from the lofty mountains. However, her steps halted when she saw an anxious human being standing there facing his back towards her. With utter shock and disappointment on her face, she decided to wait so that the passer-by would leave her favorite spot. Carefully hiding herself behind a huge mahogany tree, Aparajita took a deep breath. Dissatisfaction flashed on her face as she wondered if the man would leave the place or not once Veerbhadra arrives.

Soon Aparajita heard the galloping of horse and a smile appeared on her face. Finally, the prince had arrived but to her utter surprise, the prince of Shivgarh walked towards the man who gave him the royal greetings. The seventeen year old young girl was appalled at the sight in front of her.
With shock written all over her face, Aparajita could sense danger to herself and her kingdom. She closed her eyes in disgust. Her heart began to thump loudly. With regret of her deeds and shame for believing the sweet talks of her so-called friend, Aparajita’s heart sank.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh was ashamed to have associated herself with the prince of a neighbouring kingdom who seemed to be conspiring against her. With red flags raising inside her mind, Aparajita cautiously decided to reduce the distance between herself and the two talking men to eavesdrop the conversation.

Carefully hiding herself amidst the huge trees, Aparajita maintained the appreciable distance as she concentrated on the ongoing conversation.

“Your highness! I am waiting for your instructions”, she heard the deep voice of the man and within seconds she realized the voice belonged to none other than the law minister of Vijaygarh, Trayambak Sharma.

“Traitor”, she muttered to herself as she searched for her dagger that she always kept with her.

“Well! Your not-so-innocent queen shall arrive here anytime so you go and hide yourself amidst these evergreen trees. Once she comes, I will engross her in a conversation and then, you will have to go to the nearby villagers in disguise to tell them that a young girl is meeting her beloved in the forest late at night.” Aparajita heard her friend explaining things to Trayambak.

Anger rose inside her as she clenched her fists. For once she could not believe her eyes.

“How could a man who professed about equality and appreciated my efforts as a queen in a male-dominant Kshatriya society backstab me to crumble my dignity so brutally?”

Aparajita thought as she felt disgusted at herself for believing the words of Rajput prince who had professed to woo her and wed her. An exasperated sigh let out with her breath involuntarily as she decided to avenge the prince in the royal court of Shivgarh. Despite she realized her mistake, she thanked her stars as she had come early and she had an opportunity to save her chastity. She wondered why he was after her life but little did she know that she would get the answers soon.

“Your highness! The news about the queen meeting you would spread like forest fire in the kingdom. The little girl would be devastated and moreover, how would this move of yours get you close to the throne of Vijaygarh?” Aparajita heard Trayambak questioning the prince and she began to connect the dots. She realized that she was indeed, utterly stupid to think of the prince as a selfless friend of hers. She chided herself for not controlling her adolescent emotions. Clearing her mind for once, she decided to punish the traitor but was utterly shocked at what she heard next.

“A loyal messenger like you must not question your master but since you are a royal traitor too, I would confide in you willingly”, Aparajita heard the annoying voice of the sly prince of Shivgarh and she involuntarily held her breath anticipating the confession from the prince. She felt lucky to have seen the real face of the prince soon. She could sense the shattering of her heart but the mighty queen of Vijaygarh was strong enough to collect the broken pieces of herself and avenge the sweet revenge against the greedy prince.

“When the modesty of the queen will be questioned amongst her people and her character would be mocked upon, her father would request me to marry her to save his pride, I would demand Vijaygarh in dowry. Once crowned as the king, I would rename Vijaygarh after my beloved grandfather. I would then, detain your mighty queen, throw her in the dungeons and make sure to make her life hell. I will make sure she regrets her existence.” Aparajita heard the prince talking with the traitor and for once, she could not react at all.

Fresh tears started trickling from her beautiful eyes which had turned red in anger. She tried to hide her emotions and maintain an expressionless exterior but only she could sense a havoc inside her heart. She took a deep breath and wiped her tears as she decided to avenge against her insult. She decided to ensure that the sly prince of Shivgarh would regret every action of his.

She witnessed the prince of Shivgarh bribing the law minister and her anger knew no bounds. She followed the moves of Trayambak who walked towards the dense trees while Veerbhadra masked his cunning face with a sweet smile and patiently waited for her arrival.

As soon as Trayambak hid himself in the dense cover of the forest, Aparajita closed his mouth with her hand and whispered, “The only punishment of treason in Vijaygarh is death”.

Trayambak was shocked to realize that his cover was blown up but before he could react, the enraged queen of Vijaygarh pierced her dagger inside his spinal cord and rotated it inside his stomach. Within minutes, the lifeless body of the traitor of Vijaygarh, the law minister, Trayambak Sharma slumped on the ground.

Wiping her dagger from the clothes of the dead body, Aparajita smiled evilly as she headed back towards her palace for making preparations. She smirked looking at the cunning prince who seemed to be oblivious of the fact that his plan of defaming her was ruined forever.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Hopefully you are doing well!🙂🙂🙂

Sorry for the delay!😊

I am back with the new update and this chapter is my favorite till now 😍😍😍😍

So Mr_Manokaran, hopefully loyal messenger got the best reward!!! 😅

I will be updating soon, till then stay tuned!!! 🥰

Please hit the 🌟 button and share your views on the chapter!

Love you all
💜