True Story: Unexpected Crush (Singapore)

Have you ever had an unexpected crush on someone? I have.

It wasn't intentionally, though. In fact, I didn't even realize I have a crush on him. It lasted for more than 4 months, which means, it's not just a crush.

However, he didn't feel the same way as I do.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was 17, studying in a campus. It was nice getting to know and be friends with new people I've never met before.

Lucky for me, I wasn't alone on my first day of school, 9 January 2012. I was with my BFF and we're in the same course, but different class. It's funny how we both thought we're in the same class. I still can't forget our reactions when we both found out that we're not in the same class, which means, we have to be separated and make new friends.

During our break time, I went to eat with my BFF and a new guy friend she made friends with earlier on.

It wasn't awkward for me to talk to him and in fact, I talked to him like as if I've known him for a period of time. I also made friends with 2 lovely girls in my class. It was fun and in just less than a month, my class bonded so well with one another. Not only that, I made friends with my BFF's friends and she made friends with my new friends, too.

After a while, February arrived. I was in the Computer Lab for a practical lesson with my class and next to our lab, was another Computer Lab with our seniors in it.

I like it how the wall that separated us from our seniors, was a transparent landscape window. We could see what our seniors were doing and they could see us, too.

THAT was how I had a crush on one of the seniors, without realising.

It happened when the seniors were facing us while packing their bags to leave the Computer Lab. I didn't notice him until my friend whispered to me,

"Hey, look at that guy. He's so cute!"

Then, I turned my head to look at him and from that moment when I saw him, I can't help it but to kept staring at him. After a while, I said to my friend,

"Yeah, cute and handsome. He looks like he has a mixed race."

I don't know why since that happened, everytime when my class had to go to the Computer Lab, I kept searching for him and I had the urge to see his face again. It's like, I fell in love with him at first sight.

Next week, I saw him again, just like that day. This time, I sat nearer to the transparent landscape window, just to see him again up close.

All I could think about at that time, was to just stare at his face. I wasn't thinking hard and now when I think back, I regretted doing what I did back then.

Oh yes, my nickname for him is white-bag guy, that is obviously because he carried a white tote bag.

At that time, while I was staring at white-bag guy, some of his classmates actually saw me staring at him.

However, I just look at them, ignore them and stare at him again.

Then, I found out from my friend that his name is, Antoine. His father is French. That explained why he looked like he has a mixed race.

Honestly, I liked to see him wearing the not-too-loose and not-too-tight black pants he always wore. He looked perfect even though that's just a plain black pants. I also liked how the shirt he always wore is tight at his shoulders and loose at his waist. I find it sexy when he raise up his hand, because whenever he does that, I can always see a little bit of his waist and his boxer. I'm attracted to him more because he smells so good! I loved the smell of his perfume. I was standing with 2 of my guy classmates and the 2 of them are his friends. When he came over to us, I can smell his perfume. To me, he's perfect and I've never liked a guy as much as I liked him.

Seriously, I don't know why, but I wanted to find out more about him. I just want to know more about him.

I told my Form Teacher/Class Advisor(CA) about him. My CA is a very nice woman and we treat her like she's our mum and sister. We can just share with her about everything like Love, Friendship, Family and any problems we're facing. She's like a counsellor, too.

Guess what I did? I told my CA to tell Antoine there's a girl in my class who is interested in him, and not to tell him that, that girl was me.

After a while, my CA told me that Antoine wants that girl to add him up on Facebook and start a conversation with him, but of course, I didn't want to.

However, I ended up adding him on Facebook due to peer pressure. My friend constantly encourage me to just add him up. He accepted my friend request and I started a conversation with him by saying I saw him in school. I was stupid to start a conversation that way.

I should have asked him why he chose the course we're in and we could talk about that and say hi to each other in school, but this idea popped up in my head too late.

I stalked his facebook. He's not active in Facebook anymore and his facebook hadn't change to Timeline so, I get to read his older posts.

I found out his Twitter and read his tweets. I even kept pictures of him that I took from his Twitter in my phone. I even know where he stays because of his address I saw at Twitter.

Whenever I'm in the bus on the way home and the bus passed by his house, I always ended up figuring out exactly which house is his.

Honestly, I really really liked him. I wanted to be friends with him and I just want to be able to talk to him in school, or at least say hi when I see him around in school. Is that too much to ask for?

In the end, after more than 4 months having feelings for him, I finally move on because I realised he didn't feel the same way I felt for him. I know this because there were rumours going around in his class and my class about me liking him.

If he liked me too, he would have chat with me at Facebook, or at least smile at me when we see each other in school.

That's how my story ended, but not just yet.

On 29 September, it was his birthday.

I decided to be brave enough and wish him at Facebook. I thought he wouldn't reply, but he did! You can't imagine how happy I was. He commented on my post,

"Thank you so much!!"

After that, I saw one of my friends liked his picture at Instagram, so I had to look at his pictures.

However, I think my thumb were trembling because I accidently liked a picture of his. Even if I unlike the picture, it would still shows up in his Notifications, so I had to like a few pictures of his and then follow him.

After a while, I refresh my Notifications, and you can't imagine how my face looked like when I saw,

"*his name* wants to follow you"

My Instagram account is private so I was really delighted to allow him to follow me at Instagram.

That's the end.

Till now, I hadn't check out his Twitter and Instagram. Maybe, I will check it out before this year ends.

Thanks for reading my story.

I really appreciate it.