Chapter Ten

Fallon walked into the bullpen on Monday morning, a big smile stretched across her face. She had been on a successful date the night before, and the guy was super sweet. They were going on another date in four days, unless a case presented itself which would make Fallon reschedule 

"Good morning Fal," Emily said as Fallon took her seat at her desk across from Emily.

"Morning, Em, " Fallon responded perkily, which made Emily raise an eyebrow. 

"You're all happy this morning, what happened over the weekend?" Emily asked, which caught Morgan's attention.

"Get some loving this weekend Fal?" He teased, and she just shrugged shoulders, which made Emily's jaw drop.

"Oh my god you did!" She cried as she started laughing.

"Fallon Shepherd, is in the dating game," Morgan mused and Fallon just laughed along with Emily.

"It was just one date," Fall informed them.

"Well, was it good?" Morgan asked, and both of them looked at her, eagerly awaiting her answer.

"Yeah," Fallon answered as nonchalantly as possible, trying to hide how excited about the guy she really was.

"Are you going on another one?" Emily then asked, and Fallon nodded her head which made Emily grin.

"Oh my god, I need all the details," Emily said. Fallon nodded but then JJ walked over to three in boss lady mode.

"We have a case," she said grimly. The three nodded in sync and then got up to follow her into the conference room.

"I'll tell you later," Fallon whispered to Emily as they walked in to see Hotch standing in front of the tv with the remote in his hands and a video on the screen.

"Don't get comfortable, there will be time to debrief on the plane," Hotch told them, which made all of them frown in concern.

"Where are we headed?" Spencer asked.

"New York," Hotch answered.

"Five shootings in two weeks, it's about time we got the call," Rossi commented.

"I want to take Garcia with us. Hopefully they'll give us access to their surveillance systems," Hotch reported and the team all nodded in agreement.

"What do we know?" Emily asked.

"All the killings are midday, single gunshot to the head with a .22," Hotch responded.

"Any witnesses?" JJ asked.

"No," Hotch responded.

".22 caliber pistols only a 152 decibels. New York streets and subways are routinely well over a hundred. It could be people aren't even registering the gunshot until the unsub is already leaving the scene," Spencer suggested.

"They sound like mob hits," Morgan commented.

"Except none of them have ties to organized crime," Hotch countered.

"Do they have any connection to each other?" Fallon asked.

"None they've found," Hotch answered.

"How about communication with the police? Has the unsub tried to make contact?" Morgan asked, which was exactly what Fallon was about to ask, so she nodded at him in agreement with his question.

"Surveillance cameras have captured video of three of the murders, this is the latest," Hotch said, moving on from Morgan's question without and answer, which was an answer in itself. There had been no contact with the police thus far.