4 - (y/n) the unpaid Therapist

I finally got a cheap flat. Two bedrooms but tiny. Each room was small, hallways slim and overall cosy. Half way done with the living room. However, I have gotten do (son's name)'s room down, with help of course. . Peachy yellow walls, blackish grey carpets. Single bed with polka dots bedding, wardrobe near the wall, with his toy box at the foot oh his bed. It was tiny but I don't think (son's name) would mind.

"Wow!" (son's name) walked in with Elizabeth. "Thank you!" I never seen him this happy before. It filled my heart with joy to see him smile so brightly. I did something right for once in my life. Tears build up in my eyes, I try my best for him.

"Daddy! Uncle Henry!" Elizabeth called for them with worry.

"Mammy, are you okay?" He asked looking up at him. He is so brave. Why can't I stop crying? I am proud of him. I always have been but he is growing happily. Happiness overwhelmed me. I can't stop the tears from flowing, maybe it is good tears. Happy tears. Tears of joy.

"I am fine." I smile brightly. A real smile. It has been days since I did smile like this. I am thankful that I am able to smile like this. It's a kind and warm smile. "Just overwhelm with how much you are getting used to the new change. I know, I haven't been great at looking after you but I am glad that I am able to see you smile and make friends. I am proud of you, my baby boy."

"Aw." Both William and Henry looked at how wholesome this moment was.

"I am not crying!" I acted tough, trying to clean away happy tears. "I got something in my eyes."

"They are tears, darling." William chuckled, leaning against the door frame. "happy tears."

"I know what they are. I am not stupid."

"Let's finish in the living room." Henry smiled. They are only helping with the furniture. Yesterday I painted every room with (son's name). We got all the rooms done painted and put stuff in the bathroom. The home is more lively than the last one I had. More bright and homely. More safe.

I got up and followed them to the living room. I realised how tiny it actually is. They also got it done, kind of. they had a wooden coffee table to put up. The room looked great, one couch that was put up against the wall with a bookshelf to its right. and a tall standing lamp to the left near the door to the hallway leading to the bedrooms and kitchen. Empty, slim hallway. I might put shelves up on the wall  or photo frames.  I could simply do one my own.

They offered to help, when I planned to put furniture in myself. William laughed at me, saying I had no strength. I only proved him right. I don't have much strength, I struggle carrying (son's name) around when he is tired. He is a skinny boy but a healthy boy. Joyful boy.

"You did a great job." I cheered with a smile.

"You have two good friends."

"My Wife made me offer to help." William admitted. Of course, he did. It is not like he listens to her any other time. For the time I was here, she came to me to get advice. Soon, I will end up being a therapist for his family. His eldest son looks depressed. I already gave William advice and Elizabeth advice on which toy is better. I might as well charge them for the advice I give them. His wife has so many worries and issues that aren't even my problem. It is often because of the lack of attention he gives her. They have been married about 14 years and She has felt the love dying after 10 years. Why is this a problem? I don't know shit about relationships. Every time, I feel like I am repeating myself.

"because She helped me pick at the paint. I have no sense in decorating rooms. I don't want to bother Mrs Emily, so she was the only other lady I knew that is nice to me." I said. "By the way, Talk to your wife more, I am not her personal therapist."