ⅩⅢ

"Humanity can screw itself"

"You could help end...needless suffering." Copley softly says to Andy needing her to understand why their immortality is so important to them. Andy didn't have the energy to reply to that, leaning over she softly grunts from the pain. Cosi was now the one to raise the suspicion, it looks as if the woman in front of her was still bleeding out from the newly gunshot wound she had made. "Humanity needs you to share your gifts."

"Humanity can screw itself," Andy chokes out, still grunting in pain as she rolled over to the single chair on her right. Leaning on it to relieve herself, Book came closer calling out to her but she quickly reacted by kicking her foot out sneering at him. "Don't, you fucking coward. Why, why Book?"

"Andy listen-" Book calmly begins but was quickly cut off again.

"Why!" Andy screams out, tears start to brim her eyes just by looking at the man she knew for centuries in front of her. She looks in between Cosi and Book but mainly Book. He slowly kneels, eye level with her.

"If Merrick can discover how we keep living, he might find a way how to end it," Book explains his reasoning. Andy's brows twitch with her mouth gaped open speechless. "Hey. That's what you wanted."

"Oh, Book. What have you done." Andy heaves out from anger and disbelief. Shaking her head, "Not like this, Book."

Book drops his head with guilt, finally taking notice of her wound still bleeding. Opening the flap of her jacket to take a closer look at it.

"What's going on?" Book questions her but more to himself as he lightly taps on the spot. "You're still bleeding. You're still bleeding. What? Shit." Book began to panic a little, also confirming Cosi's suspicion. "She's not healing."

"What?" Copley began to question taking a look at the wound.

"Look at this, she's not healing." Book opens the flap of her jacket a little more, fully in panic mode. "Go get something. Go on! Go on!"

Copley scampering away to find something, Cosi steps forward. "I guess being immortal isn't forever." Her comment earned a glare from both Andy and Book themselves,

"Who the hell are you because for as long as I have known Cosi has never said one word, ever." Andy grits her teeth, attempting to control her anger as she continues to glare at her. "And where the hell is she?"

"You're right, I'm not her. I'm Evy," She smiles proudly as if she was mocking her, flipping her hair over her shoulder in a sassy way. Stripping the mask that revealed her true face, "Although I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a little more...fight in you. "

"Don't pay attention to her, Andy look at me. Look at me," Book gave a look to Evy as if telling her to shut up after bringing Andy's attention back to him, a tear slowly made its way down to her face. "Why didn't you tell me?"