𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐘

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

As soon as the stereo stopped playing the song Ryder wanted to show his younger sister, he took out the CD and placed it back in its case. Happiness took over every inch of him as he thought back to the stories of his parents writing songs and performing in front of an audience, like him, Cami, and Lexi...before everything that happened last year. After he set the CD case on his sister's nightstand, Ryder turned around to face the younger girl to see her reaction to the song. The smile on his face slowly faded and was replaced by confusion when he found the redheaded girl staring at the wall with a shocked expression in her eyes.

Unknown to him, Lexi was studying the facial features of the blonde ghost in front of her as her father's stories about how he and her mom would always open for his twin brother and his band. While she continued to stare at Alex as if she was meeting him for the first time all over again, the three boys looked back at her with surprised expressions on their faces, still trying to process the fact that Rachel Daniels, one of their best friends back in 1995, was Lexi's mother.

The Daniels girl stayed frozen like a statue for another moment before Ryder took a step forward and waved his hand in front of her face. His action quickly snapped Lexi out of her daze as her brown eyes left the ghosts of Sunset Curze to meet the concerned look on her brother's face. As soon as she realized her mistake, she jumped to her feet before an innocent smile took the place of her previous expression.

"That song was amazing!" she exclaimed, trying to cover up what looked like her zoning out to him. After seeing the skeptical look in Ryder's eyes, she forced the grin on her face to grow before taking the case into her hands to study the logo that she drew every time she doodled in her notebook. "I can't believe Mom wrote that."

"Well, she helped some guy named write it. I think his name was Lewis? Or maybe it was Liam?" the older redhead responded with scrunched-up eyebrows. As he tried to remember the name of his mother's childhood friend, he was completely oblivious to the irritated look Luke was sending his way. "Anyway, he was in a band with Uncle Alex and their other friend named Reggie."

"Oh, so you remember his name," Luke scoffed while pointing to the leather-clothed boy next to him as Alex stared at the siblings with disbelief in his eyes, still trying to take in all the information that was being thrown his way.

"I thought his name was Xander?" Lexi questioned while holding back the laughter threatening to escape her due to Luke's reaction to her brother's lack of memory.