꧁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6꧂

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
Hi, everyone...I know it has been a minute since I've uploaded a chapter but I was very busy. I was working a lot and by time I came home it was very late at night. Also, quite a lot of stuff has happened so I had to postpone writing for a little bit. I didn't; however, forget or lose motivation thank goodness. I really like Miles and I want to stick around to know how everything turns out for miles- I hope you'll stick around too. I hope you enjoy this chapter and more to come.
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
    As I try to register being called 'adorable' for the first time in years; my hands shake subtly from the medicine still coursing through my veins. Eyebrows scrunch with confusion, light pink lips parted as warm breath spread throughout the air, thoughts jumbled and stumbling through the fog that is my mind. Time seems to stop as my forever changing mindset is stunted. How...How am I adorable? It didn't make sense and frankly, I was more confused about how I felt hearing those words directed at me. I mean, is that normal? I don't think it is. A voice reaches out towards me in an attempt to draw my attention back towards it. My rapidly shifting eyes come to a halt at the beautiful human being sitting patiently in the library chair.
"From your reaction, I take it you haven't heard that."
"...N-no," my head tilts as I remain a little frazzled at the whole ordeal. My unruly hair falls into my eyes with the tilt of my head and I hasten to push the dark tangled locks back underneath my hood as a slight frown takes place on my face. Rosie gazes up at me with a small smile gracing her face as she points to the chair next to her with a manicured finger.
"Come sit, if we are to continue talking I don't want you to stand there seeing as you look like you could pass out at any moment."
"Oh, well I don't wanna interrupt—"
"Your not," I eye the seat with apprehension, "I promise." She pats the seat lightly and motions with her head telling me to sit.
I feel weird invading her space, especially looking like I do. The chair groans as I sit next to her careful not to bump into her as I am larger than her. I pull my hoodie strings in an attempt to hide the ever so present scratches etched into my tanned skin. My eyes dart to her as she seems to be scanning my whole being with her ever-glowing green eyes. I clear my throat in discomfort from being stared at...especially by her. Rosie has a way of disarming me in a way that not even my Grammy does often. There is a lot that I try to keep away from my Grammy due to always burdening her with everything. Rosie stops her scan of me as her eyes meet mine. My lungs struggle to inflate themselves as I am startled by the intensity radiating from her eyes. I find an emotion in her eyes that makes me shrink back and advert my eyes.
"I'm sorry for staring but you..." Rosie pauses as she mulls over the next words that come out of parted rosy lips, "You didn't sleep well, or if at all last night?" She never finishes her sentences but instead waits for me to give her an answer as she turns back towards her papers and computer. Her fingers flit over the keys and her eyes occasionally look at the papers next to her as she waits. Clearing my throat, I tell her no. She hums and nods her head as if to say she already knew and understood.
"Well, since it seems you came to the library to escape class. You must've come here to nap, am I right?" Staring at her slightly in shock that she knew I had come here to sleep. Her eyes meet mine in a half-smile as she glances at me out the corner of her eye.
Adverting my gaze, I put my elbow on the table and fold my hands leaning my head onto them causing my hair once again to fall forward into my face. I don't bother to push them back under the hood this time; I just glare at them as a slight pout takes place on my face unconsciously.
    "Would you like me to help you with that?" Rosie's voice is soft with a hint of amusement hidden in it as she gestures to my unruly hair that seems to be out to annoy me to the ends on the earth today. Nodding my head hesitantly, I peek at her at the corner of my eye hoping she meant what she said. I didn't care the moment that we would be in such proximity with each other; all I cared about was making sure my hair stayed out of my way the rest of the day.
    " I don't quite understand head nods. Consent is key so, please, words."
    "Oh, sorry. Uhm, yea."
    "Hmm...It'll have to do," she giggles slights motioning for me to turn around and face her. Turning my body to the side of the chair causes our knees to touch each other's and her sweet vanilla scent to waft towards me in soft winds.
    I inhale slightly deeper as her calming scent makes me physically relax. I hadn't noticed but as I continued to sit and talk with her and she detangled the curls at the front, the prevalent shaking of my hands had dwindled to just a slight tremor; barely noticeable. Rosie asks me to take down my hood so she could get to the rest of my hair and I automatically freeze up. I had forgotten about the scratches that adorned my neck. I don't want her to see them...She'll look at me like everyone in the halls had looked at me. Like I was a freak and had wronged them by showing them something hideous.
    I rush to make an excuse, " Oh, um, never mind. I-i think I'm okay, you don't need to do it anymore.'' Rosie gazes at me while cautiously taking my shaking hands away from the strings of my hood and tells me that she won't any questions.
    "I saw them when you first came up to me, but I didn't want to make you uncomfortable since you already seemed uncomfortable about it," her soft warm hands grasp mine as she places them back on my lap, "And I know I said I wouldn't ask any questions and you don't have to answer. Although you can if you want to. You got those last night and is part of the reason you didn't get much sleep last night, is that correct?" Her eyes scan my eyes as her hands continue to hold my hands to my lap as if she already knew I would try to grab my hood again. I was feeling a little uncomfortable at the amount of touching that was going on but I didn't want to make her upset and make her think I didn't like her when I did. Nodding slowly while clearing my throat I try to put a little distance between us but it proves to be futile considering we were facing each other in a small area.
    "Ahh okay... well we can continue with putting your hair up—" My thoughts block out her voice as I stare at her hands over my and my heart starts to pound in my ears.
    I don't mind people touching me but for long periods makes me uncomfortable causing me to slowly freak out. I try to focus back on what Rosie is saying but my thoughts are constantly interrupting my attempts. She touching me for too long. What does she want from me? Does she physically like me? My eyes start to dart rapidly around me, never really noticing Rosie had stopped talking and was staring at me. I unconsciously start to try and find an escape route just in case she tries to come on to me. In my slight state of panic, the fog starts to clear my mind and my usual thinking begins to return.
    Shaking my head slightly I look down at my hands asking, "Can you let go of my hands now? It's making me a little uncomfortable," an awkward grin takes place on my face hoping to contain my emotions from leaking through my cracking armor.
    Rosie pulls her hands back quickly, "Oh my goodness. I am so sorry! I hadn't even noticed it. Ugh, sometimes I get into such a mommy mode. I hope you can forgive me for making you uncomfortable."
    "Yea it's cool. We've just met each other recently so how would you know what makes me uncomfortable, right?"
    "Yea, definitely," she lets out a relieved breath with her hand over her heart, " It'd it looks like your bi— oh well never mind that. Now considering it seems like you are back to thinking a little more clearly, do you want to continue tying up your hair. I understand if you rather not want me to touch your hair."
    "I don't see why not. I want my hair out of my face and you are the only person that can help me right now," I grin slightly as my heart starts to calm down and the fog is gone allowing me to think clearer; as Rosie said. I brush my hood back letting her see the scratches etched into my skin as there isn't any other way for them to be hidden as she does my hair. I flinch slightly as the cooled air of the library hits the hot exposed scratched. Quickly hiding my slight discomfort, I give her the go-ahead and tilt my head towards her.
    "Okay. I am thinking about doing a half-up, half-down hairdo on you; since you have long hair. Does that sound good?" Rosie leans down to look me in the eye as if she is trying to read me as I am giving her answer.
    "Mhm. Work ya magic, Rosie."
    Giggling she sits back up and begins to work for her hands through my hair. We sit in silence as her hands gently comb through my thick curly hair until she breaks the silence with a question.
    "How old are you, by the way? You are either my age or younger. I am 20 by the way."
    "Um, I am 19. So I guess that makes me younger considering my birthday is in June"
    "Yea, I guess it does. Mine is in July. Okay, next question."
    Interrupting her with a chuckle, I ask, "Are we playing twenty questions now?" She responds by laughing and saying yea.
    " Okay, shoot." A genuine smile makes its way onto my face at the sudden turn of events. Well, maybe I don't regret coming to school today.
    "What is your ethnicity?"
    "I am mixed. Arab and Korean."
    "Huh, interesting."
    "I know, what a mix right."
    "Well, it does explain your features and your amazing hair."
    "You're one to talk about hair! Yours is gorgeous and super long. What is your ethnicity?" Laughing Rosie says I wouldn't believe her.
    "Try me. Let me take a guess," tapping my chin I tilt my head up slightly hoping to catch a glimpse of her face. Her perfect facial structure hints at a race that is known for that and her figure makes me believe she has amazing genes.
    "Done eyeing me up, hon? Got a guess." Dang it, she caught me.
    "Well, I had to think carefully about it now."
    "Mhm."
    Chuckling I tell her, "I believe you're mixed, and maybe African American and...Latin?" I'm taking a gamble with the second answer, her features aren't pure African American.
    "Hmm, very close but I am not mixed directly. I am almost all African American."
    "No way..."
    "I told you wouldn't believe me," giggling she takes her hands out of my hair placing them onto her curved waist, "My mother is African American and Irish. My pa is African American and white."
    "So technically you are mixed..."
    "Yea technically but mostly African American."
    "Wow...Irish?"   
    She sits down finally being done with my hair, "Mhm, Irish," she turns around towards her bag and looks for something.
    "I was right then, you are mixed," I smirk sitting my head up looking at her dig around in her tan colored bag.
    "Yea if you wish to be right...technically," she smirks back at me as she takes some fruit snacks from her back along with a small container of hand sanitizer. She holds out the container after putting some into her hands and opening up the large backs of fruit snacks. Gesturing towards the bag of gummy candy she begins to eat some of the candy. Is she telling me I can have some or to just put on the hand sanitizer? I didn't want to just reach into the back and she doesn't mean I can have some.
    As if she heard the internal struggle she says, " I meant you could have some if you want, which is why I gave you that. I wouldn't eat right in front of you and not share, Miles." She smiles at me slightly with an eyebrow raised as if to say, are you going to eat some?
    I start to eat some after looking completely misunderstanding what she had meant. For the rest of the time, before the end of my day—since I only have two classes today and one period had come and gone; we sit in comfortable silence. Rosie types away on her computer finishing up whatever she had to do. I dozed in and out of sleep with the occasional peak at her beside me until she told me she would wake me up when the bell rang for the end of the second period. I took her word and ran with it, I fell into a deep slumber with my head nestled in my folded arms on the warm sunlight library table.
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
Words: 2280
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝, 𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝. 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚑𝚘, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎, 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎. 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎, & 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚜 ❤︎