Smoke (Part 1)

I had just finished my bath when i heard a loud knock on the door. "Wait", i shouted and rushed to put some clothes on. Put the sound did not stop. The knock only grew louder and more frequent. I ran to the door desperately trying to get dressed on my way. When i opened the door my sister rushed in, so fast that she almost pushed me to the floor.

"Close the door", she screeched. I obeyed.

"What's wrong?" i asked her. She grabbed my shoulders.

"There's no time to explain. Something really bad happened. They must not find us. Don't open the door for anybody. Do you hear me?"

I hugged her and led her on the couch. "Calm down. Who's after you? You can trust me, i can help you"

She pulled away and curled up on the other side of the couch. "You can't help me. Just... don't open the damn door. Don't get out. At all".

"Okay, okay calm down. I won't".

She took a deep breath. She looked as if she was about to collapse before my eyes. "The air... full of smoke. Not everyone survived. Pleaze promise me..."

"What do you mean not everyone survived? Ellie, what happened? What have they done to you? We have to call the police".

"No!" she screamed. For a moment, i thought she was talking to me, so i opened my mouth to answer. I didn't notice the thick, black smoke that filled the room. Ellie's scream pierced my ears.

My body felt like liquid, my knees couldn't support me anymore and i fell on the floor. Only Ellie's voice was keeping me awake, until i couldn't resist anymore. My eyelids shut and i fell into a deep sleep.

(to be continued)