Chapter 50

"Hushed whispers followed by an admonishing tone for everyone to be quite awaken Alex and Cassandra. A bright glare from the sunlight that seeped through the curtain in her room signals of a beautiful morning seeing her loved ones smiling faces. Cassie is greeted with an exuberant enthusiasm from everyone expressing their joy of seeing her out of danger and in recovery. Each one of them beaming with happiness which exactly Cassie wanted after all the worries she put them through albeit not on her own volition.

Cassie looked at her Father's face with a mixture of love and tenderness that she missed so much. Her aunt Maggie who tried to smile behind her tears wanted to hug her but refrain herself afraid of hurting her not fully healed fracture. Alice with her usual banter is feeling timid and she got more emotional. Telling Cassie how sorry she was for being at fault also in her accident which Cassie clarifies it wasn't her fault to begin with and she didn't blamed her for it. Her grandmother who is silently observing everyone suddenly express her undisguised concern which didn't escape Cassandra's notice that finally she showed some emotion that she tries to hide beyond her aristocratic facade. After all the those years of misunderstanding and hate she can clearly see now that her grandmother truly cared for them on her own way.

A sudden knock on the door stilled everyone's conversation.

I see everybody is here and early too, Doctor Calloway said with amused expression.

Well Doctor.... what can we say, we were anxious to see our dear Cassie fully up and recovered answered Maggie.

That's why I'm here to do some follow- up check up and some scan.

What do yo mean, is she not out of danger yet? asked Alfred with a hint of worry.

She's going to be fine right? added Alice.

Can't you let the Doctor finish his statement first ? suggested Elizabeth with her irritated voice.

What I mean to say is, I can assure you that Cassandra is already out of danger and in road for recovery. Given a week or two her cast will be remove and she can begin her therapy. I'm going to do the scan of her arm and leg so she can start her therapy session.
I will assign a therapist to assist her, and I know in no time you're going back to your old self my dear.

Does she need to stay in the hospital for her therapy? She can stay at our home and I could hire the best therapist there is... I just want her to be comfortable in her surroundings, suggested Alex.

I know your concern Alex and I respect you for it, there's no problem with me but she have to stay here until her cast is remove and then she can begin her therapy in your mansion.

Hold on a minute, your discussing the welfare of my daughter without consulting me first. I'm her Father and I should be the one to decide what's good for my daughter.

With due respect Sir, my fiancee will stay with me at my house in which she can have the best care. I promise I will do everything to make her comfortable and happy.

I can't have that, she's not your responsibility, and what you say about her being your fiancee, when did that happened? I didn't even see a ring...

Stop that you two... Elizabeth interrupted their arguing. Let Cassie decide what's best for her and we should respect her wishes. In the end she's the one who knows what's good for her, and she's not a child who cannot decide on what she wants.

Cassie is grateful on her grandmother for preventing another disagreement between the two most important men on her life. She didn't want to choose between her father and the love of her life for she know they just have her best interest in their heart. It's very daunting to see them arguing without even considering her opinion, she can be stubborn too.