Chapter 10: Then I Lost I It All. Who Can Save Me Now? (Part 1)

What is this!?!?! An upload!?!?!I'm VERY sorry about the wait, life has not been a happy place recently and I've had writer's block so I've found it very difficult to write... So yeah, sorry... It is also for this reason that this is short, probably very shit and only part 1, I just can't write this book and I feel like I should just upload what's been written, and when the rest is finished, upload it then (might be a long wait though). I might also do this for my books such as TWS.

This book's hit double digits in chapters (finally)! And I think what I originally planned for like chapter 3 or something (the boarding school) is finally going to happen in the next chapter (Chapter 11, not part 2)... provided nothing happens that's not supposed to... You never know with my mind... XD On a downer though, this chapter's going to be depressing and messed up so fair warning.

The song is also the chapter title because a) it's an amazing song and b) it STRONGLY links to this chapter.

Oh and someone asked me about romance and Aaron's character, teehee, there will be some romance on a negative level SOON *fingers crossed for my mind to not go off on one* xD

WARNING: this chapter may be particularly triggering to some readers as it describes, in a certain degree of detail, self harm.

P.S. as this was typed up on a phone, expect grammatical errors and a lack of italics. I'll correct this when I get back on a laptop.

************************************************************************************************************

After that chat with Robert, I think I became even more withdrawn than I was before... if that was possible...

The afternoon passed in no time at all with not only those closest to me noticing my mood. I don't think they paid it any attention though - they all knew what tomorrow was.

A black day.

Jade was the only person to get through to me, she was the one to get me through the motions.

That evening, I did what most "normal" girls would refer to as their "night time routine" or whatever. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and changed into my short Animal PJs before skimming through my clowder's heads. It was standard procedure for a leader to pick through everyone else's head every night; it was a way to guarantee that nothing was left out of meeting etc. I personally thought of it as a betrayal of trust. When I was fourteen I remember one time when Dawn and Leo had been kissing passionately, Jade had one off to get ice cream so I was left alone... awkwardly... whilst my twin sister played tonsil tennis with her mate... The next morning Dad had a nice chat with me about mates and how he'd "come to me when we're ready", what a load of bullshit!? That certainly didn't happen to me! Either way, I found mind reading as an act against privacy, yet here I was, being paranoid about what people thought about my current mental state.

It was not just me being paranoid.

As I expected, all the thoughts from my clowder were based around tomorrow.

A certain group of twelve year old boys were betting on how long I'd last before I either shifted or had a mental breakdown. I was definitely going to be having a nice long chat with their parents... even if it is extremely likely that either/both of those things will happen tomorrow.

I decided to put that plan to the back of my head until tomorrow, I wanted to at least attempt to venture into the land of "Sleep".

After I changed into my PJs I climbed into bed before opening my mind to Jade. Where are you? I asked her.

Sorting out stuff for tomorrow, she replied, being deliberately vague - I knew she was trying to preserve whatever mental health I had left.