Card Three

PADFOOT

"S. Black"

Great, just what we needed, more fuel to add to the fire of rumours and speculations about us.

Sirius and I were close. Too close, many of our classmates would argue. And I got it, there was no denying there was a... tension about us – I'd always catch him staring up at me in the great hall, but that's only because I'd be looking in the first place. But we were best friends. Always hung out and studied together, spent all of our weekends with the rest of the Marauders (although somehow it would result in just the two of us heading off together as we'd have lost track from our conversations and torments). We were an unrivalled duo. Every year we'd rig the system so that we'd be on the same timetable, even at desperate times he'd used Polyjuice potion just so that he could be in the same classes as me when he had free periods.

But no. Just friends. At least, that's what I liked to convince myself, and had done for the entirety of our time at Hogwarts.

So, this was going to be totally fine if I kept my composure.

With that, trying to cast any unruly thoughts aside, I approached the door to the closet. James Potter was stood there, and with a friendly greet and wink, he allowed me in.

Damn, this room is small.

It wasn't even a solid minute before the door opened again, allowing a small glimpse of light into the room. I held my breath as I could sense Sirius was now behind me knocking shelves, kicking supplies and cursing as he ran his hands through the empty space ahead trying to find his bearings in the swallowing darkness.

"Where the hell are you?" Sirius laughed in defeat, before accidentally snagging at my hand.

Accidentally, I was sure. So why was he not letting go?

I felt the pressure of being issued closer to him, sliding against his forearm until I was directly in front, his wild curls reaching to my shoulders.

"Might want to keep your distance, Sirius. Don't want them to talk." I insinuated about our classmates.

"They already talk." His voice was tired.

"Right. Just like the rumour about the library."

"And Hogsmeade."

"During Divinations class."

"- Under the whomping willow. My personal favourite." I could hear his trademark smirk.

"- Only because you started that one."

"You never complained though, did you?" He now webbed his fingers between mine. I didn't reply, instead took a long, broken breath, and gulped as I considered what he was doing. He was never this way with me, never handsy or intimate. His voice was melting me, but I could never show it.

He continued with a changing tone. It was darker, laced with temptation as his grip tightened.

"You know, come to think of it, part of me has thought for a while you wouldn't mind if the rumours were true."

"Strange," I responded with a similar overdosing charm, "I get the same sense from you."

He laughed cheekily, and I could feel myself coming undone with the hot breath now fanning my face, made worse by the concept of the pair of us flirting. It could be brushed off as banter and teasing in any other setting. But here? We were seducing each other.

"Maybe you're right. We have to tolerate the whispers already, why not get something out of it?"

His other hand now found its way towards my side and seized me into him. My chest was in direct contact with his and I could feel the rumble of his heartbeat over me.