Part 3

Dark skies coats the earth.

3.

I didn't really enjoy my job if I had to be honest, but the pay was beyond my means. I earned more than a typical server that's why I stayed. And with having no financial support other than myself. I didn't really have a choice. I mean we all have to do things we don't want to do sometimes to get by. That's mainly what we do majority of our lives.

I was in a trance of thoughts as I was preparing the dish. My mind swarms in circles as I heard nothing but chatter in the background and fake giggles. I rolled my eyes as I finish topping off the plate.

As I carried the dish out the kitchen, the man-the wet one. He sat so effortlessly in the cafe chair. His posture and demeanor felt like magnets. Slowly pulling you into him with his charming energy.

Stop bella!

I thought as I placed the dish tearing my eyes away from his appearance. He warmly smiled before speaking in a gentle manner "thank you".

I nodded before carrying my footsteps to a separate table. I waited as he conversated with my boss and co-workers. It felt like the longest wait ever. To be honest I was reading the man, from his looks, to his voice, to skin, to his hair.

Yes he was attractive and I didn't even know who he truly was. I haven't been in New York for that long, the whole entire situation was unconventional for me. So I was curious, and I'm usually minding my business. But I had so many questions wondering around in my mind.

Why is he wet?

Is he rich?

Where does he originate from?

What does he do for a living ?

After what felt like hours the cafe finally closed and I approached the man's vehicle.

His car screamed one word 'wealthy'. It was neatly organized and sitting in it felt like a privilege. He was kind and considerate. He guided me to his car cautiously. He shut my door before jogging to the other side.

"Your a great cook" he broke the long waited silence.

"Thanks" I dryly replied.

I laid my head against his tinted windows as he sped me home. Time from time I could see his eyes burning into my skin. His eyes were intimidating, he placed this unknown fear in me. His energy felt so strong and powerful. And I had only just met him.

I wasn't normally skeptical, always sure of myself and situations. But I wasn't sure about him.

The ride was long from Manhattan to the bronx and my eyes were already falling heavy.

I gazed in a tired manner as we slowly approached my apartment. Relief flowed through my body as I prepared to exit the car as it stopped.

My hands were met with confusion when I attempted to open the door but it rejected me, as it was locked.

I slowly looked over to the man as he intensely gazed at me before slowly but surely unlocking the doors.

Weird.

" Thanks" I quickly rushed out before stumbling out the car.

As I entered my apartment he didn't leave, his car stayed put until I reached my bedroom. I suppose our eyes made contact but I couldn't tell due to his deep tinted windows and the dark night. Because as I stared he slowly vanished from my drive way.

*

The next few days of Bella's life were casual. "Boring and simple" she'd like to describe it. It was her usual schedule of school and work with therapy.

Bella quietly sat in Mr.Erenest office as he used the washroom. Of course the sessions annoyed Bella but lately ever since the encounter with the man she deemed as significantly attractive she's had a lot on her mind. For once she wanted to talk to Ernest,

" Are you aware we aren't making any progress. You need to speak more, its been 4 months and you haven't told me a single thing about your last outburst, you need-"

"....I met someone" She abruptly interrupted him.

She stared in her small
circular mirror fixing her deep red lipstick and her straightened hair. She slowly closed it before glancing at him.

" I don't know him personally" she shrugged looking out the window.

" But for these past few nights, strangely he's been on my mind. But maybe my loneliness is getting to me"

"N-No" Ernest stammered reassuring the woman in front of him to keep talking.

Because that's the most she's ever let him in.

"He seemed extraordinary to me and to be honest I'll probably never see him again. That's all I have for now"

"Was that enough progress for you?"

The aged man quickly and eagerly wrote in his book tracking down his patient's progress and taking notes on her behavior.

"I'm content for today" He spoke with a smile on his face.

Bella eyed him mysteriously before getting up from her seat. The Two exchange words before she left the building, heading to her home.

Bella didn't know if she would ever see the mysterious man again but that gave her room for fantasy when it came to him.

Due to her lack of social skills and her having no friends it was easy for anyone to make a significant impact or impression in her life. Deep down she knew that people brought out the worst in her, that things never went well when people connected with her. She falsely made it up to herself a long time ago that she wasn't capable of love or any connection. She couldn't allow that part of her to be exposed, she wouldn't allow it.