Chapter 4

Chapter 4

PERCY P.O.V.

We were on the bus on the way to camp. It was frustrating since every few minute with Grover or Annabeth would look at me as if I wasn’t human (well demigod) and it was really starting to annoy me, I mean yes I’m blind and I know everything there is to be known about this world but that doesn’t make me something to be stared at. After about half an hour I got sick of it.

“Will you guys please just stop staring, there is nothing interesting to see here,” I snapped them, and their eyes averted. I sighed. “Look, let’s talk about something else, what are we doing when we get to camp, will I pretend that I am blind for a while or just pretend as if everything is normal?” I asked. This was a question that I really did want to get answered.

Annabeth had a thinking expression upon her face and I knew that it was only a matter of time before she would have an answer. A few seconds later and my point was proven, her thoughtful face turned into a devious smile.

“Why don’t we just play with them for a while, pretend that you are completely blind and helpless. Then you will eventually be known to the monsters as a helpless child and then you could be a useful surprise if we ever need one,” she explained and I turned and saw the others smile in agreement.

“I like that plan. That way we get to play with the campers,” laughed Thalia and I smiled well this will be fun,”

The bus rolled to a stop by a large pine tree at the top of half-blood hill. We all got out and for a moment I admired the camp below, it was beautiful. The strawberries fields were sparkling with the new fruit and the sea shimmered in the background. The cabins were all arranged in an omega shape at the bottom of the valley. The arena was to the side of them. This place was absolutely amazing.

Someone patted me on the back and I turned around to see Thalia.

“Here you go, you need to put them on now and use your came,” she said as she passed me my shades and cane and I nodded. Once I put them on, Thalia wrapped her arm into mine and I let my senses dull to just shapes. “Let’s go, the campers should be eating now so Chiron will announce you at dinner, you will have to be an unclaimed camper for a bit because your dad needs you claim you, even though we know he is your dad,”

I just nodded to that. Grover, Chiron and Annabeth had already headed down to the pavilion and were probably seated.

The walk down the hill was quick and I tried not to trip but it was slightly hard, whenever an unexpected rock showed up. We made it to the pavilion and once Chiron saw us everyone quietened down and looked up to Chiron with an expectant look on their faces.

“Campers, we have a new demigod with us today, we found him at a school. Please note that he is not a normal demigod, as he is blind,” and with that many gasps were heard. “He is to be treated nicely and please respect that for him things will be a lot more difficult because of his disability. I strongly advise to respect him,” he said and with that I suddenly felt a tingling sensation in my body and then could hear even more gasps. I knew then and there that I had just been claimed, and now they all knew my rue parentage. “All hail, Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon, Lord of the Seas, Farther of Horses, and Earth shaker.”

The first night at camp was slightly lonely. I was in my own cabin and while that gave me the freedom to act and see how I wanted, I had no one to talk to. I could only hope that the time that I will spend here will be enjoyable. Just before I left dinner Chiron came and talked to me. To told me that he wanted to train me every night, when all were asleep so my skills could be tested and made flawless. This in essence was a great idea but again it just made me feel even lonelier, even my training could not be done with my friends.

I plopped down on my bed and starred at the ceiling and before I knew it I had entered Morpheus’ realm.

My eyes opened and I could see everything, and in colour too. The world looked brighter than I had ever seen it. I was on a beach, with white sand and the brightest blue water, I walked down the beach, admiring the waves and they rolled onto the shore, leaving shells and seaweed behind.

“It is magnificent isn’t it?” I heard from behind me and immediately knew it as my father.

“Dad!” I shouted as I spun around and tackled him in a hug. He just chuckled and returned it.

‘I am so glad you have made it here with no trouble, Triton and Amphitrite have been worried,”

All is good, though I miss all of you very much,” I said looking at him. “Not that I don’t love seeing you but what am I doing here with you?” I asked, and I did want to find out. Poseidon sighed and sat on the sand and beckoned for me to follow.

“You know of the prophecy I have told you about, the one about the child? Well I am afraid that that war is near upon us, we have not long to prepare and You will be a crucial part of this battle. You will need to be strong and powerful and I am here to tell you that there will be some thing you will need to do to gain enough power to win the battle ahead of you,” His concerned eyes burned into mine and lit a determination inside me.

“I will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of many,” I said, ready to face or do anything. Father just smiled down at me looking proud.

“You have made your family proud. Spend a few days at camp relaxing and gaining strength before I will come again and explain further. I love you my son,” he said as he got up ready to disappear. I smiled.

“And I you, good bye and till next time,” and with that the dream fell into blackness and a restful slumber over took me.