dude, the coach

He was young, black hair that went to his shoulders and easy to push back

He was young, black hair that went to his shoulders and easy to push back. He looked as if he was in college football for a couple of years, and when he spoke his voice was probably louder than he thought. But one thing that was different was that he showed no favoritism, and their recent quarterback was caught drinking and driving last week, which opened up the spot for me.

Our little huddle ran as coach timed us for certain positions or plays. He was all about the physics of everything which made me confused half the time which probably had Christian confused all the time.

He had a habit of pushing his hair back and putting his cap back on when he was frustrated, but most of the time he made us laugh more than he made us angry.

He had greenish blue eyes, that I found out during practice, made all the cheerleaders crush over him. He was a model to the female teachers and a sport icon for the elderly ladies that worked in the school.

He was Coach Johnson, and he was twenty-nine, unmarried, and attractive to most women in Samson County.

"Alright! Bring it in!" We all ran over to huddle around our coach and he waited for us to all get comfortable on the prickly grass. I took off my helmet revealing my (y/h/l)(y/h/c) hair onto my shoulders. He looked at me and smiled, "Thanks to our new team players Ms. (Y/l/n) and Mr. Wu, we will be able to practice with people who actually care about the game. Now next week we have a game against Garden Heights or whatever the fuck their princess name is, and I think we have a chance to win." We laughed as he said their name incorrectly.

"Gardenhap." His assignment coach corrected and we were all confused about the name but that didn't necessarily matter at the moment.

"Alright, go home and rest." He raised his arm for us to join and smiled, " No drinking, no smoking, no sex, nothing. Don't let anything weaken you for this game, because we will be state champions again, I promise."

>

Kevin Durant.

He was the only basketball player I cared about, but I know for sure I wasn't playing like him with Vinnie.

"So how was practice?" He asked.

"Good, our coach is pretty chill." I shot the ball and made it, which made Vinnie smile at me.

"Must be nice. Evan and I have been working out non stop, we have our second practice this afternoon and we have night practice too." He grabbed the ball and then sat on the pavement of the court.

"What are you guys even doing during the night practice?" I asked.

"Sometimes we mess around or watch film from previous games, there was one night practice that we had where we watched our freshman game when you were quarterback. We were all so little and you had this big smile on your face after we won. You had made two touchdowns and assisted on another, then at the end you hugged me and Christian."

He paused and then looked up at the hoop, "It just reminded me of the good days we had playing together and when we didn't worry about the stupidest stuff."

"We were too stupid to even think about important things that we needed in the future, all we cared about was football and being happy." I said as I looked over at him.

"And I cared about you." He smiled over at me and I smiled too as I looked at the trees outside of the court.

"I don't know if I was ever thinking about guys during 9th grade though. I think I was so focused on being the best that when you came and moved in, it really didn't matter because I had to be the best." I sighed and laid my back on the floor, "I missed a whole childhood because of my dad."

He looked over at me concerned. Mainly because I had just brought up my dad for the first time in a while and no one talked about him near me. "Don't you think you can forgive him?" He asked.

"I already did. I just don't think I want to talk to him for now." A moment of silence for the death of that relationship between my father and I. Vinnie didn't speak, his breathing was steady as he looked at the trees too.

"He told me something yesterday before I went to bed."

I grabbed onto his hand and faced him, "What was it?"

"He told me that when you were little you used to sing this song with your mom. It was like a small song from Barney, but you were so happy telling your mom that you loved her and she would tell you she loved you too." He looked at me and smiled, "You made him sing it when he was mad, and then he would have you on his lap and he would say 'I love you'." He looked away and his grip on my hand tightened, "I was so jealous of the father you had."

"You have him now." I said, but he just ignored it.

"But then he said that he wished he was there when your mom- well you know. He felt bad about it, that you and Christian were the ones who saw her there." He propped himself up on his forearms and looked away from me, "He loves you." He paused and smiled at me, "Also he told me if I didn't marry you that he would be mad."

I laughed, "Are you just trying to propose Vin?"

"No, I mean I will in the future, but not now. I was just saying, because he told me all that." His cheeks flushed a light pink as he smiled.

I propped myself up, "Okay, well thank you for telling me." I put my hand on his cheek and pecked his lips lightly. "I love you Vin."

He smiled into another kiss and I felt him put his arm around me, "I love you too."

He hugged me close to him and I smiled as I listened to his heart beat, "I love you, you love me we're a happy family." He whispered which only made me laugh. "Stop let me sing to you, damn."

I stopped and he continued, "With a great big hug." He squeezed me tight and I smiled. I got out of the hug and moved my face close to his.

"And a kiss from me to you." I connected our lips together and he moved his hand up to my cheek disconnecting us. " Won't you say you love me too." He smiled as he finished the song.

"That was beautiful." I said jokingly.

"You didn't say I love you." He whined as he ruffled my hair.

I kissed him again and grabbed the basketball, "I love you."

"Yeah I know I'm pretty great." I punched him lightly as he laughed at me and I just sat there with a smile as I looked at him. His features so nice and attractive. "I do love you though." He said.

I nodded my head and he took the basketball away from me, "Not enough to let you win in H.O.R.S.E though." He got up and started to dribble to basketball as I got up from the floor and followed behind him.