The First Date

No one expected Carlisle Cullen to be nervous for a first date.

Well, Alice expected it. She knew what was coming and that's why she laid out an outfit for him so he had one less thing to worry about. Besides, she knew purple was going to be an absolute hit.

Edward knew as well that he was an absolute mess of date anxiety. He could read Carlisle's thoughts. The man was frantic. He wondered if dinner and a movie was too old-fashioned. He wondered if he should pick her up with or without flowers. Was picking her up too forward?  Did she feel safe that way? Could he handle modern dating!?

In his defense, in his time there wasn't dinner and a movie. More like...something would have been arranged, and he'd likely have written her poetry or offered several hand-picked flowers as a sign of his interest in her.

That Friday evening, Carlisle stood anxiously at the front door as Alice smoothed down the front of his purple button-down.

"And lose the tie," Alice muttered as she took it off of him. "Too formal. Casual, relaxed! The tie is too much."

He chuckled nervously as he slipped on his black jacket, "I haven't been on a first date in..."

"Ew. Don't say that number," Alice joked. "You're going to be fine. It will be a very....interesting night, so to speak."

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "And what does that mean, young lady?"

"It means that you will have a great time! Now get going. Already put the flowers in your car so you don't forget them. Have fun!"

Carlisle shook his head. She was up to something, but he couldn't quite figure it out just yet. He left the house, hopped into his car, and drove all too fast to Y/N's house. He parked, told himself that everything was fine and he wasn't going to be a lame old man, panicked because he was a vampire dating a human with, for some reason, very tantalizing blood that he couldn't quite place.

Really, the more he thought about it, the more he found it to be odd how delightful she smelled to him.

Working up the nerve, Carlisle approached with flowers in hand and knocked on the door. Y/N ripped the door open with a big grin on her face as she looked him over, "Hi pretty doctor! That was not the greeting I wanted. Shit. I mean--"

"Hello to you too, you look beautiful," He grinned and handed her the flowers. "For you,"

"I love them," Y/N grinned and admired them. Surprising him, she offered for him to enter so that she may put the flowers in a vase before they left.

"Inviting a stranger into your home when you live in a new town? That's bold of you," He joked, then silently admonished himself for sounding like a serial killer.

Y/N shrugged, "I'm not afraid. I could take you if you turned out to be Ted Bundy," She said as she stepped aside, "Come on!"

Carlisle nodded and took a step forwards. When he raised his other foot and tried to enter, it was like a wall was blocking him. Frowning, he tried to enter again, and again, and again. He laughed nervously and tried to put his hand through the doorway and found that he couldn't do a thing.

Y/N dropped the flowers in surprise as she looked at him, "Damn it. I knew a hot young doctor in town was too good to be true. What the hell are you?"

His eyes widened, "Pardon me?"

"Fine, don't tell me," Y/N said quickly and raised her hands menacingly, fingers curling as she studied him, "I'll figure it out."

Everything went black for him after that.