𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER SIXtheir first kiss

CHAPTER SIX
their first kiss.

New Orleans, 1864.

           ㅡBELLA WAS MORE THAN AWARE OF  how naive, irrational, and crazy she was right now.

Her brother killed their own father and turned into vampire, she was more than willing to forget about it and acted like he was still the same person he always be.

Her new friend turned out to be vampire and killed a few people right in front of her eyes, she tried to act like nothing wrong had happened.

How damaged she had to be right now to ignore such a tragedy?

In the blink of eyes, Kol flashed himself in front of Bella. The dark eyes, the black veins around his eyes and the fangs were already gone. But not with the blood all over his jaw. "What are you doing here?" he asked dryly.

Bella gulped and slowly took off her jacket. She tried hard not to tremble as she handed it over to him. "You forgot this."

Kol just took a glance at the jacket, then decided to ignore it. His eyes glued to her face as he questioned, "Why haven't you run?"

"What's the point? You will catch me anyway." Bella didn't know where she got the courage to say that since deep inside she was incredibly terrified by the situation she just got herself into.

He suddenly grabbed her chin and forced her to look straight into his eyes. And when his pupil started to dilate, she knew right away what he was going to do.

"Please don't," she quickly begged, looking pleadingly at him. Her father once told her that vampires were able to control someone's mind through eye contact. If her guess was right, Kol was about to use that ability to make her forget about this. But she didn't want to forget, no matter how scary this was.

Kol frowned and let go of her chin as he realized something. "This isn't your first encounter with vampire, is it?"

Bella looked down and shook her head. "No," she answered in whisper.

He tilted his head to the side, studying her. His smirk suddenly grew when he was pretending to consider. "What am I supposed to do with you now?"

"You can let me go," she suggested and ventured to look at him. Swallowing hard, she realized how naive she sounded when she added, "Friends don't hurt each other."

"You still want to be my friend?" He squinted at her, looking very skeptical.

She shrugged and forced a faint smile. "Why not?"