Chapter 1: Run Samantha, Run

[ Chapter 1: Run Samantha, Run ]

*SAMANTHAS' POV*

8/2/2016

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of Year 12! MY FINAL YEAR! It is exciting because once I graduate, I don't have to see the idiotic people in my college ever!  Except my awesome friends! Who are acceptable, and sane....? Well, to a certain extent they are! After-all, they are MY best-friends. Oh! And before I forget. Last night, after watching The Bucket List with my mother. I, Samantha Amador, have decided to make my very own Bucket List! However, my bucket list would have to be thrilling, spontaneous, and most of all, I want to perform a brave stunt. For example, do an extreme sport, or climb a mountain. Those count as extreme....Right? Or I might want to accomplish a stunt no person has ever tried.

"Let's see." I ponder, tapping the glittering purple pen against my cheek. "Oh, I know."

'Number one, do an extreme sport.

Number two, be rebellious and break the law.

Number three, climb a mountain and scream as long as I can.

Number four, make a difference in someone's life.

Number five, do the unthinkable.

Number six, kiss my special someone underneath the Eiffel Tower.'

The sound of my mother's voice brought me out of my thoughts, and I stop writing. "Samantha, it is almost 8 am! You have about 20 minutes to get to college."

'Damn, she has a loud voice.' I thought, a small groan leaving my lips.

"Stop groaning, and get down here Samantha."

"I swear, her hearing skills are outrageous," I mutter as I close my journal, slipping it underneath my pillow.

It was my secret place.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that hiding my journal underneath a pillow isn't a great place to hide but it wasn't like someone was going to enter my room, and steal my diary.

"Samantha Amador!" Once more, I hear my mum scream.

"Good lord, this woman can scare Hitler." I muse, smiling ear to ear as I leave the room.

"Hail the queen of sadness," I said, dramatically, as I walk into the kitchen.

"That is such a delicious smell." I moan in delight. However, the moment I recognise the smell, I grin wider. "Dark Chocolate Pistachio Sea Salt Cookies!" I squeal when I see a plate of my favourite cookies on the bench-top. Though before I can grab a cookie, and eat it. Mum stole the plate, thus stopping me. "Mum." I pout, quivering my bottom lip a little.

There was a mischievous smile on her face, "I thought I was the queen of sadness." She said, haughtily.

I smile an innocent smile. "Queen of Sadness? I meant happiness mama, I never would've said, sadness."

In response, mum giggles. "I gave birth to a fox." She said, leaving the kitchen with me. Then, she set the plate of delicious cookies in the fridge before turning to face me. "Now please tell me that your room is clean for tonight since people are coming tonight and I don't want to see a mess in your room."

"Wait, wait." I start, "Is the dinner happening in my room?" I ask, arching a brow. When mama doesn't respond, I speak further. "Then I don't see the reason to clean my room," I smile, picking an apple from our fruit bowl, examine it, then place it in its original place.