Chapter 69 ~ Pass or Fail: CPS Investigation

Hello everyone!! Uh I had something to say, but I totally don't remember... uhhh love you all and thank you guys for everything! Also a reminder sense we keep getting questions on this. Damaged not Broken gets updated every Friday and Rise of the Phoenix is every Monday. If this would change it would be posted both on our announcements on Wattpad and also our discord () feel free to join and come talk at us or whatever. Enjoy! I remember now! This is not accurate except some of the questions... so take it with a grain of salt.

   "So the plate went where?" Hatake asked, rubbing his temples.

"It flew to the top of the cabinet and teetered on the edge before spinning to a stop. Surprisingly the plate was not damaged at all. After that everything was fine and Mustachio was sitting on Gaara's head again and Swirls was stuck with Aizawa's capture scarf." Kankuro said gleefully.

"That sounds... interesting." Hatake said, his voice far away.

"Yes! It is interesting, but totally not uh..." Yamada trailed off, not really certain where to take his thought.

"What is interesting?" Maito announced from the hallway, with Aizawa trailing tiredly after him.

"Oh, they were just telling me about the scenes the cats cause." Hatake answered, relief causing his shoulders to sag, "Now I am going to talk to you all individually. Aizawa, you are up first."

At those words, Aizawa somehow looked even more tired as he followed the white haired man before he suddenly stopped in front of Aizawa.

"Where can we go where there is privacy and we won't be able to be heard?" Hatake inquired.

Aizawa sighed, "We can go out on the back patio." Hatake nodded and Aizawa led the way.

The pair sat across from each other at a soft pink table with woven magenta chairs.

"Yes, I know the table and chairs do not compliment the colors inside the home, and no I do not care." Aizawa disclosed, before Hatake opened his mouth.

"Ok then... but that wasn't a question I was going to ask." Aizawa bowed his head in apology.

"Sorry, everyone usually asks about them."

"It's fine. Tell me about the siblings." Hatake dismissed.

"Well, they are really good kids for the most part. Although it is certainly easy to see the way their past has affected them. As they have grown more comfortable with us, the twins especially, are growing less selfless and beginning to see that it is ok to take care of yourself as well. Gaara just needs to have experiences, I think." Aizawa frowned, "I am no expert, but we got him to agree to therapy. I think it will really help him connect with the emotions that he has been separated from, especially with his school life. He has friends for the first time in years, the twins told us. In fact, two of them came over for the day yesterday. The other two did not take up the offer of talking to someone. We don't want to force them into something they are uncomfortable with, that would just harm them instead of helping them." Hatake nodded, writing down notes as Aizawa spoke.

Besides the nodding and writing, Hatake's body language revealed nothing.

"There is a note in the youngest ones profile that says he is violent, and that is one of the reasons that he was placed in your care to begin with. Tell me, have his tendencies changed?" Hatake questioned and Aizawa stiffened.

"Gaara was not violent from the beginning. People just saw his quirk as a threat, and yes I am able to quell any misbehavior from his quirk. However, this is not his fault and the kid is really a kind person, as well as extremely smart and gifted. He wishes to be a hero to help others, not to harm, and his quirk is getting less volatile, and even it has been misunderstood." Aizawa was careful not to disclose much about the nature of the Tails quirk and Shukaku himself. Although Gaara was open about sharing Shukaku, Aizawa was afraid of the consequences if the wrong person was to find out.