Jasper Philips

The first thing that struck me about him was his eyes, a bright blue, almost illuminating. They seemed to shine and glimmer like my mothers old diamond ear rings. They were.. Beautiful eyes.

But what am I thinking? He's a male, and I'm a male for god sakes, why am I thinking these thoughts? Oh well. I sat down next to him and looked at my principal with a look of confusion. "Demetrius, meet Jasper. He's our newest student and will now be living with you!" My eyes widen and I shot a quick look at the silent boy, Jasper, and then back at my principal with a questioning look.

"Why is he going to be staying in our house?" I almost yelled. Principal Way glared at me, and sighed. "His mother and father were both caught breaking Law No. 57. No love affairs with others after the calling ceremony." I bit my lip, knowing what they're punishment must've been. Any law under No. 45 (No owning any weapons or military hardware unless in the military profession) isn't very important.

Anyone who breaks a law over 45 is caught out.. Or executed. I simply nodded, knowing I can't disagree with my principal. Yes he may just be my principal, but he's also the son of our president, president Klifton. Klifton must've decided on this rule.

"Now I want you to give Mr. Jasper here a tour of your part of the city. Once you guys are done, come back to the school and go to your class at that time, do you understand?" He speaks to me as if I'm a child.

I simply nodded once more and motioned Jasper to follow me. The quiet boy simply nodded, and followed me out of the office and to the school doors.

-An hour later-

"And here's the old 2000 decorated cafe'.." I said, looking at the cheesy cartoons on the outside walls, which were supposed kid shows in the early 21st century. Like a sponge wearing pants, and a purple dog that looked to be frightened. What a coward..

Jasper hadn't said a word, which was annoying, and I got fed up. I turned to him, stopping him dead in his tracks. He was tall for a boy his age, looked over 6'5, but was thin, pale, and looked like a 10 year old could beat him up. I had to look up at him to speak.

"Sure are a little sheep for such a giant guy." I growled at him, which he responded with an eye roll. He shoved past me, went over to the sidewalk curb and sat down, lighting a cigarette in his mouth. My eyes widen, he could be executed for that, handling any type of drug when under 20 years old and not for medical use. And here he is, sitting in front of a cafe' in the open, puffing away.

For a quiet, boney guy, he seemed to not care. "Are you insane?" I muttered out, and he glanced at me, his eyes seeming to pierce me. "May be.." He mumbled back with a shrug as he exhaled the grey smog.

"So the albino talks!" I yelled out, throwing my hands in the air. "I'm not an albino!" He snapped at me. "Whatever you say, cloud boy." I muttered back and sat down about a foot or two away from him.

Not only is he a quiet, death seeker.. He's flat out annoying. His voice sounded like it hasn't broken yet, but there was seriousness in it. Like he didn't want to be spoken to, and wanted to be silent. A mute albino boy. Love to see the expression on his wives face during the calling ceremony.

"You wanna just head to my place.." I blurted out, the dread of going back to school in my mind at the moment. "Yeah. Let's go to our place.." He said with a cheesy grin on his face, he knew he was testing my patience when he said 'Our.'

We began walking, silently, side by side, and the awkwardness of it all was the over whelming thought that came over me, wanting to grab his hand.. and never let go.