Confused

Okay, here it is, tell me your thoughts!!

_____

Chapter 9; Confused

I lay on my bed, thinking. I was truly confused. I didn’t know what I was feeling, I enjoyed kissing Devon. It felt nice. Only I think he was the bad guy here.

There was a light tap on the door.

“I’m busy! Go away!” I yelled.

I didn’t want to see Devon right now. I still haven’t decided what to do.

“Yes Monica, of course.” I heard Ashton say.

“Ash! Come in!” I called.

The door slowly opened. He walked in and shut the door behind me.

“I thought you were busy?” He asked.

“Well to some people I am. Only never to you.” I smiled.

He grinned.

“You don’t seem like the person to smile easily.” I told him.

“No… Not really.”

We sat there. It wasn’t the awkward silence, it was nice. I felt happy being around Ashton, he was comfortable to be around.

“So I heard you and him are finally together. Is it true?” He asked.

How did he know? I didn’t want him to know…

“Nope, not at all, it was just a kiss because I thought I was going to die.” I replied. I wasn’t too sure if that was a lie or not.

I heard a bang on the door.

“Eh, I’m busy!” I yelled.

“Who’s in there?” I heard Devon say.

“No one, I’m busy. I’ll talk to you later.”

“I heard what you said, and we both know it was a lie.” He called before storming away.

Was he talking about the kiss? Oh I don’t know, it’s just too hard.

Okay now there was an awkward silence.

“Well I just came in here to tell you there is going to be a meal prepared and you have to be down there. I was told you will need to be there in about half an hour.” He told me. “So, yeah I better go…”

I waved a goodbye and he left the room.

“So…” A voice said.

I jumped.

“Devon, don’t just sneak up on me! You scared the shit outta me!” I yelled.

“Well, technically I didn’t sneak up on you, I’ve been outside the whole time.” He smirked.

What!

“You were listening in on my conversation! Jeez, there is absolutely no privacy in this place!”

He leant on the door frame.

“Was it a lie?” He asked.

“Was what a lie?”

“What you told your little friend about the kiss.”

“Eh… I really don’t know okay. So just leave it.”

“You need to know something…” He started.

“Good, I’d like to know what’s going on.”

“Okay I’ll tell you everyone, but promise me you will still be here at the end?” He asked.

How could I promise something I knew nothing about? Oh well, I was going to take that chance.

“I promise.”

“Okay, well you know I’m not human. It’s a surprise you didn’t run off there and then. I am a demon, well part. My father was one, and my mother was human. It’s hard to find female demons, so we have to mate with a human. Only the human has to be killed in the end. My father died not too long ago, an enemy killed him. Now, it’s my duty to carry on everything. Before he died, he had already picked out the mother of my future children. I’m sorry but it’s you. I never thought I would fall for you though. So I can’t go through with my father’s wishes. I really am sorry about everything, but you can’t leave this place. It’s not safe.” He finished.

I sat there with half my mouth open. I didn’t know what to say, I mean I knew something was weird, but this!? My god…..

“Devon…” I started.

“I know, it was wrong of me to even think of doing that to you. Only I didn’t know you, I didn’t actually know I had these feelings inside of me.” He smiled.

“I have to go… I can’t, I can’t do this. I’m only a kid!”

“You promised…”

“I know, but I shouldn’t of. I need to talk to someone.” I told him.

“There’s one more thing.” He said.

I waited.

“Ashton is not who you think he is. Don’t fall for his charm; he’s not exactly like you either. If you know what I mean.” He walked past me.

What… I don’t understand.

That’s it, I was angry. How dare they do this to me! I was going to get to the bottom of this. I stormed into the hallway.

“ASHTON! ASHTON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!” I yelled.

No reply.

“Ah, Miss, he’s on break at the moment.” A slave walking past told me.

“You know what? I don’t care if he was dying; I need to see him right now. Where is he!?” I demanded.

“Down in the b-b-basement.” She stuttered.  

I stormed off to the elevator. Slamming the button, the door opened and I got in. I clicked the button to go down to the basement.

I slowly stepped out of the elevator. It didn’t appear anyone was in here… The lights were off. I clicked them to go on, but they didn’t work.

“They don’t work.” I heard someone say.

“Ashton?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s me. What are you doing here?”

“Getting some damn answers. What are you?”

I heard him pause.

“Tell me. I’m a big girl I can handle it.” I secretly laughed in my mind, because just minutes ago I was telling Devon I’m still a kid.

“I um, what do you mean? I’m a human. I’m not a demon.” He told me.

“Ashton, I swear to god. Tell me or I’ll leave.” I threatened.

“I… I am an angel.” He replied.

I stayed silent for a few short seconds. Then all of a sudden I burst out laughing, I couldn’t help it. I had tears rolling down my face.

“What?” He asked.

“You, you can’t be serious.” I tried to stop the laughter.

“I am. Honestly.”

I stopped laughing. It wasn’t funny anymore. He was serious!? No… He couldn’t be…

I walked away, back to the elevator.

“Wait, Monica don’t go. Please?” He asked.

“You looked me in the eye and told me you were a human slave. Human!? You lied straight to my face.” I walked in and pressed the button to my floor.

Tears slid down my cheek, this time it wasn’t of laughter. I was hurt. Why would he lie to me?

I guess looks really can be deceiving.

____

So, like it!? It’s finally getting into the good stuff.

Tell me what you think!

Comment, fan and vote of course! :D